Ah, philosophical discussions. I agree, Ann, that Lois isn't above cheating to get what she wants, but every time she's cheated someone who doesn't deserve it (take Season 1 Lois stealing Clark's story, for example), she feels bad about it. She jumps in without checking the water level, but when things go badly, she feels remorse. Lois may be tough, but I do believe the character is quite bighearted.

So is Operation Fool Kent out of character? It isn't given Lois has no memories. But can she maintain it, given what she is starting to remember about who Clark is? I don' t think so. I think even before she remembers what Clark meant to her, knowing that what he feels for her is real and knowing that she must have had strong feelings for him as well will cause her to feel bad about what she's done. Of course, this is assuming the brainwashing isn't so deep as to prevent her normal response from eventually kicking in.

I do take the point that Lois can't realize at this juncture, the level her manipulation has reached. She honestly believes that she and Clark have had sex before. She also somehow has gotten it into her head that she was the one making that over the top, flowery statement about sleeping with one man, while in love with another. At some point, she will either remember or have brought to her attention by Clark that they'd never slept together before--that they'd consciously decided to wait until their wedding. I'm not sure how she'll take that particular revelation, but again...the 'Lois' response would include remorse.