I found this to be very plausible. I'm not sure what you're asking about crossing the line. If you're asking if this crossed the line from PG-13 into R, then I would easily say 'no' since everything R-rated was off camera, so to speak. If you're asking if the story has crossed the line into what is or is not acceptable to this fandom then I would propose it depends on where you go from here.

I don't believe that Lois has lost her moral compass. She remembers two important things: 1) she's had sex with Clark before and 2) she has slept with a man she doesn't love before. Based on that preconception of who she is she has determined her actions to be moral, even though the end justifies her means. She also is manipulating herself, which Clark pointed out when he asked her how many times they had, had sex last night.

I'm wondering where Star's mores lie. What will she determine is best for Lois' wellbeing? Justice under the law? What her vibes tell her? Will she want to see Lois before she decides?

Elisabeth