Naive, naive Clark... Luckily he realized in time that Lois was seducing him to get back to Metropolis.

Philosophy ... great. So skipped out on that and took other subjects instead. But back to your questions: I think that present actions based on memories is determined by what you remember, your experience, feelings, consequences and so forth.

For example, if you have once admitted to cheat on a test and this got you in trouble with the principle or suspended, then your present action in a similar situation will be based on your memory and the consequence of your actions. So, you have a choice to again admit to cheating or you can deny it and see the "new" outcome of your decision (or present action). However, present actions are also based on your morals and values - if you believe that it is better to be honest than to lie, then you will probably be honest, but if you are an honest kind of person, then you probably wouldn't have cheated in the first place.

As for what happens when past memories get mixed up, I guess present/future actions will not add up to who you really are (or before they got mixed up), but be more impulsive, and will give you permission to do (or not to do) things you normally would have or not have done.

Don't know if that makes sense confused Think I just confused myself ...

Anyhow, great part and can't wait how everything will be resolved! BTW, will Lois find those more current diaries?