Wow, ML. You don't pull any punches, do you?

As to your question, I think our actions are based on both memories and feelings, but I definitely think that feelings have the greater hold on us. One can be raised with impeccable morals (Clark Kent, anyone?), but he will still bend the rules to get a story, mislead his friends and loved ones to protect his secret, and spirit away his fiance to a remote island to rescue her from herself. He acted in part due to his memories, but the driving factor to all these actions was a feeling.

Fear, love, hatred, sadness, guilt -- all can have an amazing affect on a persons actions, regardless of their knowledge of good and evil -- or the law. laugh

One might know that cheating is wrong, both by instruction and by experience, but if a child fears the consequences of not doing well on a test more than they fear the consequence of getting caught, they'll do it.

I think that's why I mentioned before that I doubt the legal consequences of kidnapping Lois are a high priority for Clark right now. He'd rather that Lois be well and safe than to avoid a jail sentence. He'd give up his job and his freedom to make sure his love gets better. His love and fears are the motivation, supported in part by his memories of what happened with Luthor.

Now -- back to the story. I still can't quite believe that you did it. Lois really did succeed in convincing Clark that she'd regained her memory and he couldn't resist a seduction by Lois Lane. She's in trouble now, though. Once bitten, twice shy -- Clark is never going to fall for a ruse like that again. He's going to put her through a grist mill of an interview before he believes her.

And yay! for Star. I can't wait to see what happens next.
BJ