The weird part though? After all that, I'm not sure he's actually "irredeemably evil."

Ruthless, yes. It's like...He takes orders. He "does the dirty work", as he said. But...is he really evil? I get the impression that he was only a monster as long as he was working for monsters; he's more like a tool that can be used for good or evil, and he knows it. I also got the impression that he saw the goodness in Perry and gravitated toward it.
Well, I agree with this to a point. If he was responsible for General Jenkins demise, then he is pretty evil. But if he'd been taught to be a killer that may have been all he knows.

If El Diablo is as amoral as he's presented here, then why the disguise at all? What has he to gain from getting a normal job and acting like a human at all? Why wouldn't he just take whatever he wanted?
I wondered about this, too.

Concerning your title: I guess this is supposed to be German, considering the "Mann". Then it would be "Übermann" or "Uebermann" if you haven't got the u with the two little dots. Okay, I'm being picky. Sorry about that.
Concerning your title: I guess this is supposed to be German, considering the "Mann". Then it would be "Übermann" or "Uebermann" if you haven't got the u with the two little dots. Okay, I'm being picky. Sorry about that.
Unless an English speaker / writer specifically loads the option of German characters to be used with their keyboard then we can't do the little dots. The only way I could do that without the extra programming would be to find this written online and copy it.

Also, this evil Clark is a lot different from most evil Clark's I've ever seen. He hasn't tried to take over the world, and that is what gives me pause. If he has all these powers and is unharmable, then why not dominate the world? Why yield to the millitary? Why seek an alias and a job? I get the impression that Kal-El just wants to be left alone. Yes, he seems to have a cold heart, but he's not...*actively* evil.
Yes, I agree.

I'm not sure I could agree this is an evil Superman. It more seems he's mostly just been doing what he was told to do.

Great story.

~~Even heroes have the right to dream.~~