I'm a man, you're a woman, do I have to draw you a diagram? Were those the famous words from the show?

And here is the diagram! Someone drew it! And now Kal knows... something. Oh, my! (is it possible that Kal is so innocent that he doesn't understand that you don't ask the question about making love the way he did, if that was indeed what he was asking?) eek

I'd better leave that question for now and concentrate, right now, on Tek and Ard. I seems to me that Tek might have been visiting Ard's quarters for bartering purposes. She gives him some drawings and he gives her something else. After all, Tek's daughter recognizes Ard's drawings, so she must be familiar with them.

Like everyone else, I, too, really liked Riz, Tek's wife. She is indeed like the Lois Lane on this world - I mean, she even drinks coffee! (But where is the chocolate? I could do without coffee, but chocolate...) Anyway, Riz seems perceptive enough that she would know if Tek had an affair with Ard, and since she seems so confident in her marriage to him, that is the definite proof we need - Tek is not unfaithful to his wife.

In any case, I would say that Lois and Riz are going to become important allies and great friends. I also think Riz is the sort of person who could become a target for Lord Nor, simply because she is so outspoken and because she is such a thinking person. Lois and Kal may have to resort to drastic measures to save her. Speaking about that...

“Do the Regal Nobles have children with their concubines?” Lois asked.

“Nor and Yent do.”

“Will those children become Regal Nobles?”

“No. They are considered the child of a concubine – not the child of a Regal Noble.”

So a child of hers could not become the Supreme Ruler?
If Lois remains Kal's concubine and nothing more, any child she may have with Kal will be unable to succeed his (or her?) father as the Supreme Ruler, because such a child will be regarded as the son or daughter of a concubine, and not the son or daughter of the Supreme Ruler. But what if Lois and Kal get married? Corinna, are you saying that in spite of any objections we may have, it is still better for Lois and Kal to get married after all, because then they can have a child who can become the Supreme Ruler of New Krypton?

I loved seeing Lois as a reporter on New Krypton. This was just great:

Lois watched as the two women departed through Kal's gates. She had published a newspaper! Sure it was a one-sheet, one-story, handwritten newspaper with a total circulation of ten, but it was a start.
Yeah! clap

And now we are biting our nails as we're waiting to hear what Kal wanted him and Lois to try out together... <insert nail-biting icon>

Ann