I love how everything is so different in this story ... yet so many things are exactly the same. Kal has a secret ... and Nor is plotting to take over the world. Some things never change. wink

I'd actually wondered whether everyone was being too hard on Nor in the earlier parts. After all, why would he want to take over a planet that was on the verge of collapse? But clearly he has bigger plans up his sleeve. (And clearly not all Kryptonians refuse to gossip, since Nor has received some inside info about how much time Kal is spending with Lois.)

I really felt for Lois as she ventured outside the El compound. The scene was a creative way to show us what the planet and the society was like, and I felt a strong sense of foreboding, just as Lois did. Well done. And you've really piqued my curiosity with Kal's hints about his planet's shameful past.

And, of course, I loved how Lois taught Kal to smile. I can only imagine what will go through his mind when she finally kisses him, LOL.

Oh, but I have to add, although a few others have dropped hints that they suspect where you are going with the mother under the yellow sun, I admit to being clueless! I took it at face value, as Ellen grieving for Lois, so don't think you've given everything away yet. And I'm really enjoying seeing it all unfold. smile