@ Ann, re: the lack of rain being man-made. The same thought struck me, since there obviously *was* rain on this incarnation of New Krypton at some point; otherwise, where did the lakes and rivers come from?

Another possible explanation would be that New Krypton once had a normal atmosphere, with a normal capacity for producing the weather patterns we are used to on Earth, but has been gradually loosing it for some reason. If I recall correctly, this is what scientists currently think happened to Mars.

I'm going to bet that it isn't what happened to New Krypton, though, if only because if it is, I see no way to solve the problem other than to relocate the colony to some other planet, and I don't think the Kryptonians have the resources to do that within two months.

Also, Ann, you dorealize that even when you leave 'extremely short feedback', you're still well within the range of what most people consider a fairly elaborate feedback post, don't you? :p

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.