... And the kind words just keep coming, and coming ...

I'm truly honored, guys smile .

lcfan99, thank you for this newest contribution to curing me of the fear that I'd be boring all of you to death with this story. It remains to be seen if I can keep at it in upcoming chapters, but if there ever was a better motivation to work hard at that than all this wonderful feedback I'm getting, I haven't seen it! smile

And will she figure it out? Well... let's just say that I usually think of Lois Lane as anything but 'galactically stupid'.

Iolanthe, I changed the name. Thank you for pointing that out. It does make much more sense this way. The villains are coming back with a vengeance - soon. Just stay tuned for chapter 2, which should become available from a browser window near you within the next two days or so - as soon as I hear back from my newfound beta-reader (thank you, HappyGirl!).

Michael: see above. Chapter two is quite prossibly getting the fine-toothed comb treatment as we speak, chapter three is getting its i's dotted and its t's crossed, and chapter four is 3/4 written. It just needs a bit more fleshing out.

Artemis, I actually went back looking for 'American colloquialisms' after I'd read your comment, and not very many things jumped out at me. I guess I talk like an American without even realizing it. My English teachers of yore would surely have considered that a Very Bad Thing, but since I'm trying to get into the heads of a couple of American TV characters here, I guess I should be grateful that it comes to me this easily.

And Irene, you think of my writing as 'lyrical'? Now that would most certainly be an all-around Good Thing, as long as it doesn't go hand in hand with boring long-windedness. Thank you for your kind words!

For those interested in an estimate of time investment required to get to the end of this story: there will probably be another twelve to fifteen chapters after this one, posted with a frequency of one to three times a week, depending on my schedule in the next few weeks.

You can gaze at the stars, but please don't forget about the flowers at your feet.