LaraMoon graciously read this repeatedly [...]
You say that like it was a chore or something. I read through it a few times, sure, but I loved it every time. smile

"Well, you're a modern kind of girl. If you wanted to take me to dinner instead, I wouldn't say 'no'."
Call me crazy, but for some reason, I find this absolutely adorable!

Two seconds after the elevator doors shut, I realize that a child down a well practically guarantees me a glimpse of the only man more mysterious than Clark Kent.
mmmm... *dreamy sigh* Superman...!

(haha! admit it, you thought I was gonna ask if Batman was about to show up.)

For a dizzying couple of seconds I think he's finally realized that he's desperately in love with me.
LOL! Poor Lois - if she knew how long it's been since he's realized that. hehehe! I love the irony!

"Cut it out," I tell him. "I'm still me. Don't treat me any differently just because I could squish your head the next time you irritate me."
This is one of the best lines. smile So very, very Lois. I can totally hear her saying that.

I loved Clark's story about how he realized he could fly. And I like the fact that it's Superman telling the story, because it suddenly makes him so much more human than the image we have of him. It's really sweet. smile

His eyebrows furrow and he shrugs. "If I had to lose my powers, Lois, I'm glad they went to you."
Awww!!

"Come on, I promise I won't drop you. This is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me, and I want someone to share it with. Fly with me, Clark. Please?"

He reaches out and takes my hand. "All right."
And more awww! That's just too adorable for words, even. /insert very big smile here.

So now... when is part 2 going to be in my inbox? huh? huh? wink *giggles*

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies