OOOOOO!!!! Interesting twist on the way the wedding stopped.

I'm particularly fond of Lois' pre-wedding introspection.
She reached down and fingered one of the lace appliques that adorned the soft satin. It was too flashy, too ornate. She preferred more tasteful clothing. A wedding dress could still be beautiful – and in her opinion could showcase the bride even better – if it were simple.

But it was what Lex wanted.
That's right Lois, there IS something wrong with this picture!!

Before today, Clark had always been there for her. And it wasn’t just the little things, though they were nice all by themselves.

Lois couldn’t help thinking back to when Barbara Trevino had threatened her and she had gone over to Clark’s apartment. It had just seemed so natural to go there. She had callously told Clark that if she had to pick a bodyguard, it wouldn’t be him. But that wasn’t the truth. There wasn’t anyone she trusted more to protect her and be there for her. Well, almost anyone...
AWWWWW! Lois is starting to figure it out. blush

Lois cringed at her reflection in the mirror. What had she said? Even now she couldn’t believe how calloused she had been to Clark. Just moments after he had confessed his love for her, she had asked him to run and fetch Superman. How could she have done that to him?
Good Girl! You realized this on your own. I always wanted to smack her for that little lapse in judgement.

She started crying again in earnest, mumbling her name to herself as her mother entered through the door into the spare guest room. “Oh, mom, what am I going to do,” she half spoke, half sobbed.

“Oh, honey, if you’re not sure,” her mother began earnestly.

“It’s too late!” she cried, interrupting her.

“No it’s not!” her mother reprimanded her. “You do what your heart tells you to do.”
OMG--Is this Ellen Lane speaking?!?!? eek

As if reading her thoughts, her mother continued, “It’s never too late until you say ‘I do’. And then you’ll live with the regret the rest of your life or your marriage will end in failure like mine and your father’s did. Don’t marry someone who isn’t right for you, honey. Divorce is a terrible thing to have to go through. Believe me. I know.”

“But mom, I said yes. Lex Luthor is well respected. He is a humanitarian and would be a good provider and...”

Her mother took her by the arms and turned Lois to face her. “Do you love him?”
I can't believe I'm saying this. . . Lois Listen to your mother!!

“No, Lex. Let me go,” she protested, allowing a little heat into her voice as she ripped her arm free of his grasp. “It’s not too late until I say ‘I do’ and sign that marriage certificate. And I can’t do that. I won’t. I’m in love with someone else.”

Lex’s eyes darkened visibly. “Who? Superman?”

Lois shook her head. “I won’t deny that I have feelings for him, but that’s not who I was talking about. Not that it’s any of your business,” she bit out.

He frowned at her and then understanding seemed to light up in his eyes. “No, it can’t be,” he said, shaking his head in amazement. “How perverse. You can’t honestly tell me that you’d rather be with that out-of-work hayseed partner of yours over me.”
You know, it takes talent to make me dislike Lex even more than I usually do, but you did it with that last line. "Hayseed"!?!? Keep your mean-spirited, arrogent thoughts off of Clark.

OK, there is just Way To Much in the "clark" section for me to quote--just know that I love it.

Luthor advanced on him in a rush and took an unsteady swipe at Clark’s throat. Clark dodged at the last second, but his attempt to evade cost him his footing and he stumbled backwards down the stairs. In that instant Luthor swung out with the axe. The steel blade penetrated Clark’s vulnerable skin and he felt a red-hot heat rip through his side, sending a searing jolt of pain through him.
shock

The world was swimming around Clark, colors and images blurring and fading and he fell over. The last thing he heard was Henderson calling his name.
NOOOOOOOO!!!!

You know, In general--when I have access to the entire story--I love a good cliff- hanger. But, right now--I am ready to send a whole army of wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy just for this one line.

More soon grovel PLEASE!!!!!

Johnny was a chemist,
Now Johnny is no more,
For what he thought was H two O
Was really H two S O four.
--Lab safety limrick--