I saw that you'd posted, when I came back home last night - but I was soooo tired. frown And I've been waiting all morning for lunch to finally get here so I could read this. I've had the page minimized on my task bar since I got in the office. *lol*

I've kept it for last - with dessert. I figured, if it's sweet, then it goes well with a piece of cake and if Clark is being dense, then I'll need something to make me smile again. hehehe!

Leaving comments as I read....

Are we ready for some b-plot this time?
Do you really need to ask? When are we not ready? <giggles>

Dan? Clark held back a grimace. “We’re having lunch with Dan?”
hehe - I'd forgotten about that. It ought to be fun. *lol*

Dan could ruin this... he could ruin it so easily.
Ahum... Clark? It's cause you already ruined it once. Don't blame others for your mistakes! It's not very, um, super of you.

“Can you get it open?” she asked.

“Huh?”

“You know...” She looked around conspiratorially. “With your one of your powers.”
LOL! Lois... You're the one with the power to pick locks. Remember? Oh... wait, yeah... she's probably forgotten. hehehe! Mind you, I know nothing of car doors - maybe those can't be picked so easily. Not to mention it would look really suspicious for her to be picking a car lock in broad daylight.

“Lois, there isn’t a power in heaven or on Earth that could get me inside that car – unless you don’t mind a broken window.”
It's a pity you haven't met The Flash yet in this reality, Clark. He has a power that could help - at least, I think he can make it work in a helpful way. I'll have to go read some more comics. (how painful! *lol*)

She pulled her hand from his grasp and slipped it inside his pocket.
Dang, she really is curious, isn't she? hehehe! Too bad it was just a pager, though. But... who keeps a pager in their pockets? Clark? How come you don't have that clipped to your belt, like normal people? Oh, wait, yeah... you're not normal people, are you? *lol*

Her smile could melt steel.
Hers? Ah... I suppose men would think so... His, though. His can turn flesh and bones and working brain cells into puddles of goo. I should know... it's happened to me more times that I should be admitting to...

The small girl inside her was just dying, hoping that he’d drop down to one knee right then and propose.
Eh! So would mine if I was in her shoes.... *sigh*

She had lost her memory and woke up every day to have to start over again... he didn’t want her like this.
Whoa... talk about jumping to conclusions! Lois... Don't you know this man at all, yet? sheesh!!!

Talking about puddles of goo... dang, girl! that conversation had me going "awww!" so many times. It's a good thing I'm all alone up here or someone would be wondering what the hell is going on in my cube. hehe! It was just so... well, "awww!" is all I can think of, really. *sigh*

This wasn't nearly enough for him anymore - not when there were couches and privacy behind her door. And a bed, his hormones whispered.
Huh? A bed? Ooooh - does that mean we're likely to find a chapter of this on the dark side of the boards? Please?

AH! Now I see why everyone was talking about pagers. Nasty!!! Really, nasty!!! As if we didn't have enough of Jimmy Interruptus or Perry Interruptus... now we need Henderson Interruptus?? Are you going to run through the entire supporting cast? Grr! wink

Nice chapter! *Very* nice!! I can't wait for the next one. laugh

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies