My version of Memories (sung by Barbara Striesand) from The Way We Were.

My husband always changes the first line from memories to mammeries

But not as lovely as *that* night. Clark closed his eyes remembering the way her hair had fluttered as the breeze from the window caught it. Her cream-colored silk nightie had plunged dramatically at the neckline, drawing Clark’s eyes down her body.
"Mammeries,
From the corners of my eye
Misty water-colored nighties
Of the way we were

Besides the missing pages, there were also a few places in the journal where words – and occasionally even an entire sentence - had been scribbled through. New notes had been written in the margins – crammed in between what was already written and the edge of the page. It had all been written in the same ink, so obviously she had done these edits at the same time. Why? What had changed?
Scattered scribbles,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
Is this the way we were?

He had realized that the night air was a little chilly and he had wrapped his arms around her to warm her. They had held each other closely, their bodies swaying softly against one another. Her skin had felt more like silk than what she was wearing.
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? could we?

“Yes,” he murmured quietly. The feeling of her smooth skin beneath his fingertips that night had been burned into his memory. He shouldn’t be doing this. He shouldn’t be talking about this with her, letting the moment affect him like it was. If she knew the truth, she wouldn’t be doing this – acting this way. He needed to slow things down.
Memries, may be beautiful and yet
Whats too hot to remember

“Do you remember how we laid together on this loveseat and...” She withdrew her hands from his shoulders and walked around the loveseat to sit down next to him. She leaned in and pressed her lips lightly against his throat, just below his jaw line. “...we kissed.” [/QUOTE]

We simply won't forget
So its the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

Pardon me for the cheesieness. Great chapter Metro!