Well now... since I'm useless right now, might as well leave some FDK. Wasn't supposed to be here, shouldn't be doing this, but I could not resist going to look if part 9 of Platonic was up and... well, I'll be working on my lunch hour to make up for this one. *lol*

The note was wrinkled and the paper was no longer crisp from the number of times he had read it – folded it up, tucked it away in his coat pocket, then pulled it back out of the pocket and read it again... and again.
Impatient and a tiny bit obsessive. Yep, that's how you can tell a man in love. wink

How exactly was he supposed to prove himself?
By changing your molecular density.
ooooo - wait! this sounds dirty... *lol* I was going to make a stupid joke, but the joke's on me now! He should try to not be so damn dense - that's how he can prove himself. Cause if we feel the need to kick 'ya, buster, you're done with. hehe!

What did she want him to do?

What did he want to do?
Think we should whisper the answers to him? wink

But maybe this was just how all amnesiacs felt.
Nope.. that is how all girlfriends of insanely dense men feel like when said men start acting stupid and jeopardize the one thing they're trying to protect.

“Whoa. Slow down, Clark. You’re babbling.” Clark repressed a laugh. That was the pot calling the kettle black.
rotflol
Yeah, but the kettle is acting like a pot, so really... (does that even make sense? it does in my head. I need more sleep!)

Where did he keep it at home? Just put away in an old dresser drawer? Or was it sitting out somewhere – someplace where he looked it at every day? The thought made her feel a little giddy.
Um.. yeah - where does he keep it, DJ? Do tell.. (or did I miss that part?)

Maybe he really was upset with her for meeting with Scardino last night.
Upset, with *you*. pshhh! He's upset he's been such a lunkhead - that's what he's upset about. Dummy. (I mean.. he's the dummy, not her!)

As Clark flew back through Lois’s open window, he spun back into his regular clothes. He sat back down on the loveseat and slid the ring box inside his coat pocket, wondering why he really had gone to get it. He glanced back towards the shuffling noises and sounds he could hear Lois making. Was he really going to show it to her?
Why you got it? Clark! Because she asked to see it. And you know as well as we do that you can't resist Lois Lane. And as to "showing it to her", maybe now isn't the best idea. First, you should drop down on your knees, confess to being stupid and wrong and beg for mercy. Beg and apologize until she no longer thinks you're an idiot for dumping her over your crazy overblown insecurities.

Men! You really have to tell them everything... wink

“Lois? Lois are you there?” Perry’s voice bellowed. “If you’re there, pick up. I can’t find Clark and...”
Oh, sheesh! We get *Perry* Interruptus, now? Damn these people they work with and their really bad sense of timing!! *lol*

Superman was invulnerable, but Clark wasn’t. Clark could be killed.
Yeah and trust me, sometimes we'd just love to kill him off - there have been several of those times throughout this story, as a matter of fact. hehehe!

She wasn’t sure why but that revelation seemed really important to her. Like it meant more than what she realized. The next time she made notes in her journal she needed to write that down.
Eh. I guess it's just as well he almost got shot, then. Looks like that's the key to his second chance... 'cause when he explains it to her now - that he was so afraid of losing her that he broke her heart over it - she actually might understand it a little.

She could feel something else, too. There was something else in his coat pocket – a piece of paper. She grabbed the paper with her fingertips and pulled it out.
And this is where you might lose your second chance... You need to tell her before she finds out on her own. Seriously, you do. Cause if she thinks that you decided you were just going to propose again and never tell her about the breaking up for her own good part, she is going to be one seriously pissed off amnesiac. And that bit about Clark Kent being mortal - yeah, you'd find out about that. As a matter of fact, me thinks she'd find a way to turn the invulnerable alien that you are into a pile of shattered bones. I'm pretty sure she could actually get that pissed off. She is Mad Dog Lane, after all... LOL

Great part DJ! smile Can't wait to see what happens next. smile

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies