So glad there's another part to read!! [Linked Image]

He was sorely tempted to fly in there and take the journal – not to keep it - just long enough to make some alterations to it.
That's even worse than breaking up for her protection. Clark, if you ever did something like that, she would find a way of killing you. Most definitely.

He was going to have a difficult time getting to sleep tonight.
Ah! You deserve to spend all night staring at your ceiling, Clark!!

She could have died right then and there from the way he looked in his all black ensemble.
He looked so absolutely amazing in that scene. OMG! You know... If dying feels like you're going a little weak and like you're not getting enough air - well, I think I'm dying a little here. hehehe! wink

“If the earth opened up at my feet, I wouldn’t move until I’d said this.”
That's just the most ridiculously romantic thing I've ever heard. I rewind and watch that again over and over and over and never get tired of it. And then I remember he's not real and it's a TV show. Depressing. wink

I like how you guys have made it so she thinks he's going to reveal his secret when in fact he's about to propose to her. It's nice to have her POV in this. And I love the part where she figures out he's not about to tell her he's Superman. hehehe! Really, really good!!

It was going to be a long day.
Clark, sometime you're going to need to realize that you brought this on yourself...

“Now, if you’ll excuse me, I need to get ready for my doctor’s appointment.” She began to slowly shut the door between them as she continued, “And I still need to tidy up my house before I come in to work since Dan is coming by tonight.”
...and that is about as close to killing the guy as you can get. I wish she hadn't interrupted his apology - I'm curious to know what we was going to say exactly.

Was Scardino low enough to take advantage of the situation?
As much as I hate the guy, I'm pretty sure he's not going to turn out to be such a scumbag.

He had wanted the opportunity to be “available” during that time frame, so that maybe he could swing by and check on things... okay, spy on them. He shook his head at himself.
Tsk, tsk! What right do you have of doing that? If you won't be with her, you have no right dictating who she can and can't be with. Just admit you want her and run right back to her, apologize and make up. It's not going to work any other way and you totally know it!

Then an idea hit him that brought a slow smile to his face. Maybe he could convince Lois to cancel her dinner and interview Dr. Klein with him instead.
Ooooh.. Don't you think she might accuse you of scheduling it then on purpose? Yeah, I can totally see that. smile

Great part, girls! smile Loved it.

Superman: Why is it that good villains never die?
Batman: Clark, what the hell are good villains?
=> Superman/Batman: Public Enemies