I, too, am sorry to see the end of the series. The first story was just a little one-off, written in less than an hour and posted before I had time to really think about it. Then I watched 'Wall Of Sound' and I was struck by the way they interacted as Superman and Lois at the end. Go watch it again if it's not fresh in your mind. He really does seem more casual with her when he's talking to her about her awards case. And he drops a rather large hint which she completely missed.

Earlier, when leaving the awards ceremony as Clark, he tells her that the award seems "smaller than he thought it would be". Then, when he shows up as Superman, he tells her, "I like the lighting. It makes them look bigger." (along with a hand gesture for "bigger" that cracks me up every time I see it)

But I digress. You're right, C_A, she is being dense. But it doesn't follow that she's going to stay that way. Like DJ said in her beta for this story - if she had just closed her eyes when he said the name, she might have figured it out. In this case it's her pride and her mind that are overriding what her heart and subconscious have just figured out. It's the hard consonant of "Kal" and "Cla" that got her thinking. And now every time she hears his name, it's probably going to niggle at her some more.

Ann, it made me smile when you noted that she was chasing the wrong red herring. If only she hadn't interrupted him and insisted he *read* the name on the award. In my mind he was working up to the rest of the script she had given him - "Lois, it's me, Kal-El."
When Lois finds out about Clark's secret, as she inevitably will, will she remember that he told her, as Superman, that he was afraid of telling "his mystery woman" the truth about himself? He was scared of telling her, because he was afraid that she would be angry.

And if Lois does indeed remember this, will she be less angry at Clark because he *had* given her, so to speak, fair warning? Or will she prove him right by becoming every bit as furious as he had predicted that she would?
Right now not even DJ knows. sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis