Many thanks to my cyber twin, DJ. She read every draft of this part and still managed to be enthusiastic each time I sent her a new version.
Hah. She says this as if I don't enjoy every new version and devour it eagerly. wink

Okay, and now to quote two of my favorites:

"No," she laughed. "There's only one man who has a chance with me."

"Superman?" he teased.

"Not tonight," she told him, her eyes sparkling. "Unless he just won the Kerth, too."

"So it's the Kerth that's making me irresistible?"
I love that she picked Clark here over Superman and that he teases her about the Kerth making him irresistible - hah, as if...

"Maybe," she told him coyly. "And if I'll dance with you because of the Kerth, imagine what a Pulitzer would get you."

Clark thought about teasing her that he'd never wanted to win a Pulitzer until just that moment. He dipped her again instead, setting loose a string of giggles from her.
And that absolutely cracked me up.

Then at the end (when I didn't know what the ending was yet) I thought when she had Clark say his name, that she was going to figure it out. I just knew when she heard his voice say his name that it would dawn on her...

Well you know, Clark's molecular structure is dense, and Lois's perception of Clark is also dense. Two constants in the LNC universe. laugh

Lovely Sue!

-- DJ angel-devil

Smile and the world smiles with you ... frown and you're just giving yourself wrinkles.