LaraMoon wrote:
for the record, I think it's more like 70 years. Between the Original Series and The Next Generation, it's something like that...

We don't know how they evolved, though, really. According to Worf in "Trials and Tribble-ations" (Deep Space Nine epiosde that's just brilliant!) they "do not talk about it". Nice way of explaining things, huh?

(yeah, yeah, I know all this stuff off the top of my head... big time trekkie... *lol*)
First off, the term is trekker. I should know; my wife has a Bajoran earring she's worn in public several times, and she's gotten a lot of "Ooh, that's interesting!" and a couple of people who've tapped the bridges of their noses and smiled ("like Bajorans do"). And I do remember Worf talking/not talking about it in that episode (always wondered what species they must have thought he was). But the Klingons who were wiped out in the opening shots of the first ST movie all had long hair and head ridges, as did all the Klingons from then on.

Anyway, back to the real purpose of this thread ---

I always thought "I'm leaving you to keep from hurting you" was probably the dumbest thing any guy's ever done in any relationship. I'm glad this story is calling Clark on it, because he should have asked Lois if she understood his reasoning and if she agreed with him. She wouldn't have done either, of course.

There is a fic whose author and title escapes me where Lois gets up out of bed as Superman is flying away and she threatens to publish his secret identity in the next day's morning Planet edition unless he gets his super-powered butt back there and talks to her. Great reaction, and I kinda wish Teri Hatcher's Lois had done that.

Powerful and evocative, this story is excellent. Keep it coming!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing