Okat time for the real FDK:

She got up out of bed and turned on the light. As she walked towards the bathroom, she noticed a potted plant on the floor that hadn’t been there before.
Haha, at least you didn’t make her trip over it again. smile Poor thing.

“I took your key last night,” he admitted, producing the missing key. “The doctor told you that you shouldn’t be driving and so I... took it for safekeeping,” he half-mumbled.

She frowned at him. “So you just took it?” She yanked her hand away from his, grabbing her key back from him and gesturing wildly with her other hand. “Just like that, no discussion? Did you know that I wouldn’t remember again this morning? Is that why?”
He did it to keep you from waking up this morning and trying to drive yourself in the stubborn way you always do. If you had gotten the darned keys you would have driven yourself as well! Stubborn woman. frown

Clark felt a sharp pain in his chest. Was this some kind of cosmic penance for the way he had broken up with her? Was he going to have to relive telling her that they couldn’t be together until he found a way to do it without traumatizing her?
No, most likely it will be until you figure out you are being ridiculous and that Lois needs you right now. Stupid man. (Yes I like to hurl insults at the protagonists of the story)

He smiled pleasantly at her. “We’ll need to have you fill out some paperwork. Then we’ll need to set up a schedule for you to come in so I can monitor your progress. Let me get you a sample of it that you can take tonight and I’ll schedule you to come back in the morning to fill out the information for the clinical trial. Okay? That is, unless you have any further questions...”
I hope it works. *crosses fingers*

Permanent? The word gave him a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. He may have told Lois that they couldn’t be together, but that didn’t mean he could turn his back on his feelings for her that easily. It wasn’t like flipping a light switch.

He loved her.
Of course you do… and you should be with her! Gah, it’s to bad there isn’t someone strong enough to hit him on the head and knock some sense into him.

“She doesn’t have any family living in the immediate area, no. But I’ll definitely contact them and see what I can arrange. In the meantime, I guess she’ll be stuck with me.” Just what he didn’t want. He was supposed to be limiting his contact with her, especially as Superman... now he was going to have to watch over her constantly...
Ahaha, stuck with him. I’m sure she would rather be stuck with him than with Ellen. *shudder* I would anyway… But I think most of us would rather be stuck with him. ^_~

Her frown deepened into a scowl - she didn’t remember. Somehow she felt a certain kinship to that bug. Her brains were a scattered mess, too.
I can only imagine what it would be like to have this kind of trauma. How horrible it must be to wake up every day and not remember anything that has happened. For those people that never recover it has to be such a shock to wake up and look in the mirror and see such an older version of yourself. frown

She rubbed her thumb softly against the back of his hand – more tingles – and then she ran it a little further up his hand, relishing the smoothness of his skin... the polished perfection of Superman. He had such nice hands; so soft and warm, with such tantalizingly long fingers. She laced her fingers in between his.
Fascination with the length of his fingers again? Which one of you wrote that one I wonder? ^_~ LOL

Great chapter guys, and as much as I keep begging, you know I will support you both in whatever ending you choose. smile

Angry Clark: CLARK SMASH!
Lois: Ork!