Ann wrote:
But Clark has to make amnesiac Lois realize that he is not her boyfriend and will never be her husband or the father of her child. Hmmmm. Why do I find it rather hard to sympathize with him?
Wow, Ann, I don't know. I can't imagine you not taking Clark's side on something like this.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Blame it on late-night snarkiness.

Apparently I'm the only one in this thread who didn't see "50 First Dates" (not an Adam Sandler fan), so I have no idea how the movie ended. But I do understand how Lois would feel completely left behind when she finds out she's suffering from this type of amnesia.

However, you gave us a ray of hope when she got irritated at Clark because of something she kinda sorta almost but not quite remembered. And I'm betting you're going to explain the haircut to us, too. I remember being so surprised at the different hair that I wasn't sure it was Lois out on the airport tarmac trying to chase down those bad guys in the opening shot of "Contact." And I was always disappointed that the style change was never explained, sort of like the sudden head ridges for Klingons in Star Trek between the original series and the movies.

Please keep collaborating! This is an interesting premise, and you've got me hooked. Write more soon!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing