When my DVD arrived, I sat down and devoured the entire thing in a two-day L&C marathon, and then I was overwhelmed by the prospect of commenting on so much fic. I could have responded to the stories that moved me most, but I was afraid that the other writers would feel hurt, so I put off writing any fdk. After reading Paul's poll, I realized I was being stupid, so I decided to comment on one story per day.

An Affair to Remember
The man who dreamt of marrying her. Who dreamt of her babies.... The man who wanted to marry her. The man who wanted to love her. The man who'd dreamt about a life with her...
Dave, I really liked those lines. They gave a beautiful picture not only of Clark but also of how Lois perceived him. In fact, if you don't mind, I would like to use that in my English Comp class when I'm teaching my students about the power of deliberate repetition.

I appreciated what a difference it made to Clark's amnesia when he knew Lois loved him. It brought him straight to her after he crash-landed following his first attempt on Nightfall. I just loved his final lines: "Yeah. Chair... table... mirror... Lois." His grin widened. "I know the important stuff."

Sheila Harper
Hopeless fan of a timeless love story

http://www.sheilaharper.com/