I absolutely shouldn't be here. Nope. Got a Spanish final in... *checks clock*... 90 minutes, and I haven't finished cramming yet. laugh

But, I just had to (procrastinate) say one thing about one of the brilliant stories on the DVD. CC and Erin's The Kiss Off. Actually, it's just three paragraphs that I'm gonna quote, but they are the ones that made me fall instantly in love with this story! Ready? You have to brace yourself here, because these pack an emotional punch:

He knew all about her late night drives this past summer. Her sleepless nights. The miles she had traveled under the cover of darkness with no apparent destination; just a need to keep going.

He knew because Superman had been doing the same. In the wake of the Lane-Luthor wedding debacle, Superman's evening patrols had stretched late into the night, eventually extending until sunrise. For much of that time, he had followed Lois. Keeping an eye on her, staying out of sight, knowing exactly what was driving her.

And wishing with all his heart he knew how to be the one to help her stop. To make it ok for her to be still. But if he couldn't find those answers for himself, he didn't know how he could do that for her.
BRILLIANT!!!!!!!! Indelible comes to mind as well, because... well, that last paragraph has imprinted itself in my mind (and if I'm being corny, in my heart as well). I love them! In fact, these paragraphs inspired the entire first half of the trailer, and I can only hope I even came close to matching the brilliance of emotion wrapped up in these paragraphs!

I shall be back later to gush lots more about The Kiss Off! And the other stories, too! I haven't had a chance to read them all, but the ones that I have... well, there's more gushing to come. Especially for Paul - sheer brilliance (I'm starting to overuse this word, but I can't help it...)! And Tracey - waffiness galore! And Julie - how could you make me read first person point of view and love it?!

I'm stopping now... promise!

Sara (off to study more. Honest...)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.