My husband's grandma passed today (April 5) around noon our time, in her sleep. It's been rough on the kids - there were a lot of "we never got to say goodbye" tears today. They did get to Facetime with her about 2 weeks ago, while she was still lucid enough to recognize them. But not being able to have the wake/church funeral she wanted really bothers us. My husband is angry that we're so helpless. We can't do anything from another state to help his parents as they deal with all of this. We couldn't go say goodbye. We can't go to the burial. It's beyond frustrating.

On the upside, my pantry/kitchen is slowly getting more organized. I've cleaned out a lot of stuff and rearranged things to make them easier to find. Hoping to finish this week and then tackle other rooms, including trying to get the kids to organize their toys better. (Every time I make a bin just for Barbies or toy cars or Disney Princesses, it lasts about 32 seconds before the twinadoes wreck it.) Hoping to clean out older stuff they no longer play with to donate to the local thrift store once things open back up again.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon