I went to my GP a week ago, and everyone in the office was wearing a mask. There was a sign on the door that said "Stay in your car and we'll call you when we have a room ready for you." The only ones who touched me (wearing gloves, of course) were the doctor and the lab tech, who immediately discarded them when we were done.

I also went to my urologist and we bumped elbows when he entered the exam room. We also kept as far away from each other as possible the whole time.

My most recent dental and post-transplant clinic appointments were both postponed. The dentist will call me in a couple of months (maybe), and the liver clinic (appointment postponed because it's located inside the hospital) will watch my regular labs for abnormalities. My wife and I are both home-bound, but like others on the boards we weren't exactly social animals before the quarantine. One of us usually goes out to get lunch and bring it back, and we still have our back and front yards to maintain, so we're not getting cabin fever. I'm not supposed to mow because the mowers kick up all kinds of dust and allergens and pathogens from the ground, so I take care of whacking the weeds.

Long story short, we're doing well. The kids and grandkids are okay so far, too. And all of them will be thrilled to get the stimulus money when it finally arrives.

Y'all stay well. I'd call this world-wide paranoia if the threat weren't so very real and so very deadly, especially to folks in high-risk categories.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing