The implied intimacy of being in Clark's bed made it feel like she was doing something illicit. She told herself that Clark knew she was here and he was okay with it. It didn't matter. In fact, knowing that Clark knew she was currently lying in his bed made it feel that much more sensual.
They are definitely getting all worked up for nothing. Well, hopefully not for *nothing* nothing... Between Lois' bedroom thoughts and Clark's panties thoughts they're definitely preying on each other's imaginations. UST must become resolved soon!

Lois smiled at the mental image of Superman and Clark sitting side by side on Clark's couch with their eyes riveted on the screen and an open bag of Cheetos on the cushion between them.
I love seeing Lois' little imagery of them. First of all, it's adorable that she can picture a moment like that. But most of all, I love to see how Lois really does believe Superman is his own person, even in "off hours" so to speak. So much crap gets tossed her way for not seeing what's right in front of her, but little things like this really pack a punch as to why the deception works. She has no reason to believe otherwise.

Fine. She'd be nothing but friendly with Superman from now on. She'd exude trustworthiness with a dash of emotional distance.
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! All Clark needs is to see a little less flirt towards Superman and a little more flirting towards Clark, and then his kisses won't be quite so far off.

Blinded by fatigue and shaking with chills he had slowly made his way home, only to remember as he staggered up the last of the stairs that he shouldn't be there.
shock Uh-oh! At least he didn't attempt to go in.

He was lying on Clark's bed facing away from her with his cape tucked around him like a blanket.

Awwww.

"Sorry? You have nothing to be sorry for."

He swallowed, nodded. "Yes, I do. I lied... I--."
Double awww. Poor delirious little Clark. Trying to make up for waking Clark's sins. Love that Lois appeases him, but he's so genuine in his apologies. sloppy Go back to sleep, Superman.

"I'm assuming it's a rare quantity, not something that would just be lying around."

"God, I hope not. It's rare. At least, I think it is."

"So it stands to reason that someone is moving it from place to place?"

Too late Clark realized where her instincts were taking her.

There's those investigative instincts! Let her at 'im, Clark, let her at 'im! She'll bring Luthor down a couple pegs when she's in reporter mode.

There was another moment of silence and then the screaming started. Clark let go of Chip's arm and sprinted for the stairwell. All around him the building had begun to groan and creak ominously.
shock Uh-oh! Lex is already gonna bring down the Planet?!

Another great chapter! On to 7!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain