Deadly Chakram (points to mask and giggles) We really should start giving out tickets to that thing. Our next category is an oldie but a goody and one we haven’t had for a few years. Presenting Best Drama is cuidadora...
Cuidadora This year the Best Drama category brings a variety of stories. There are nine nominated stories, and all are outstanding. They range from shorts to epics, and once again showcase the authors’ talents in bringing to life adventures of Lois and Clark, whether in canon universe or an alternate one.
In “Embracing the Darkness,” Deadly Chakram shows us what might have happened to Clark if a double tragedy had struck down his parents almost simultaneously when he was young. She takes the reader on a search for a home where Clark can be himself, and can grow to his potential.
“Epiphany” by Folc4evernaday shows us what might have happened in the Season 1 Finale had Lois been more open to seeing Lex through Clark’s eyes, and Lex had discovered Clark’s secret.
Folc4evernaday in “Ghost From the Past” reveals a different Clark, who has been tortured and Trask’s prisoner for years and escapes with amnesia. He has to rediscover his past memories and deal with what happened to him, while working through what Lois and his parents faced while he was missing and presumed dead. And of course, there’s the added complication of Nightfall and no Superman.
In “Hitting Close to Home,” Lynn S.M. shares the pain Lois and Clark have of raising an autistic adolescent boy who has raging emotions and tantrums who cannot control or understand them. Finding a solution to their situation is not easy.
“Missing” by NostalgiaKick shows us what might have happened had Clark decided not to resume being Superman after Metropolis turned against him during the heat wave. It explores whether Lois can understand why Superman hasn’t returned because he felt betrayed by the people he’s tried to help. And answers whether Lois can now rescue him.
“Nothing is Impossible” by BJ takes us to the alternate universe after that Clark returns from saving canon from Tempus. He finally meets his Lois, but both of them are keeping secrets and find themselves thrown together to find and stop a serial killer. It answers whether they develop a working partnership let alone a friendship under the circumstances.
“Relative History” by CLeuch sends Jon Kent on a time-traveling adventure from 2025 to 1997 to meet his parents and grandparents. He struggles to find his way home while not changing the timeline or revealing the family secret. All while his brother CJ and sister Laura also search for the way to get him home.

“Rules of Trust” by Folc4evernaday is the second story in the “Rules Series.” Lois and Clark are trying to keep their new romance private while dealing with continual interruptions from multiple sources, including resurrected gangsters, Mayson and, of course, Jimmy.
“State’s Evidence” by Terry Leatherwood takes us to a very different universe where Lois Lane-Luthor meets Detective Clark Kent after she agrees to testify against her husband, Lex Luthor. The drama unfolds against the backdrop of Lois and Clark undertaking a dangerous road trip cross-country to get her safely to the witness stand.
The Best Drama of 2018 is State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood! Congratulations!
[Linked Image]
Folc4evernaday
Congratulations to our winner. So this next category is a new category we thought would be able to honor some of the great ideas that come out of authors. This many years after the show and still there are creative plots and innovative ideas that come out from the writers in our fandom. Not many fandoms are as blessed as we are to have as talented writers as we have now.
(Sees Feli from across the stage and smiles)
Speaking of writers here comes one of them now…
Deadly Chakram
Ralph: Thank you, thank you! Yes, I know my stuff is innovative.
Nostalgiakick
Lois: What are you doing here Ralph?
Deadly Chakram
Ralph: Me? What are you doing here? Haven’t you horned in enough?
Nostalgiakick
Perry: Now, what in the blazes is going on here?
Folc4evernaday
(mutters under breath) I wish someone would hire better security…
Nostalgiakick
(waves envelope) I’m glad you all are excited about this new category but none of you are on the presenter list.
Folc4evernaday
Maybe next year.
Deadly Chakram
Ralph: **mutters** Can’t catch a break around here.
Nostalgiakick
Boy, they just let anyone in here don’t they? We’re blessed with a lot of great writers in our fandom. This year we thought it was high time to honor the innovative ideas that have come from our authors. This year’s nominees are:
A Super Meeting by Deadly Chakram
A Town Called Smallville by Dandello
Agoraphobia by MouseRocks
Embracing the Darkness by Deadly Chakram
Last Name (Extended) by Thomas MC
My Own Worst Enemy by Folc4evernaday
Nothing is Impossible by BJ
Pocket Full of Kryptonite by Mouserocks
Relative History Miles by CLeuch
State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood
Waiting for a Lady by Morgana
And the winner is….Waiting for a Lady by Morgana! Congratulations!
[Linked Image]
Morgana:Yes! Waiting for a Lady is a love story for two very special people and I don’t mean Lois and Clark. Bob and Beverly Bartholomew have been married for over thirty years. Some of you might remember him as Bobbart. Because of Beverly’s recent battle with cancer he has not been very involved with the fandom. But I am very happy to report that Bev is on the mend, her hair is growing back and they plan on moving closer to family in the near future.
Thanks to those who sent feedback, comments and private messages. MikeM, KenJ and Andreia are the best betas a writer could ask for. Love this fandom!
Thanks again!
Folc4evernaday:**Val approaches and Mouserocks mask appears**
Seriously guys this is pretty cool. So unfortunately Mouse couldn’t present but she did write a pretty awesome speech for us. Wow. This is it. The big finale. First of all, I am honored to be presenting in this final category. What a ceremony, right guys? First of all, we've got to put our hands together for K-Comm, who put this whole shindig together. And really, where would we be without you? You guys are amazing in all that you do.
This has truly been an amazing year of content. 73 eligible fics in total. That's an incredible number, especially for a show that first aired almost 25 years ago. We also aren't showing any signs of slowing. Consistently, we've had new members joining our ranks on the boards. Whether you write, read, make fanart, fanvids, or even just observe all the chaos, you are an incredibly important part of making this one of the best communities to be apart of. So, a round of applause for all of you, too.
All right, no more mushy stuff. Let's tell the news, right? Here are the nominees for Best Overall Story.
Blooming Time by Millefeuilles
Collateral Damage by Folc4evernaday
Epiphany by Folc4evernaday
Ghost From the Past by Folc4evernaday
Guy Rule Number One by Folc4evernaday
Last Name (Extended) by Thomas MC
My Own Worst Enemy by Folc4evernaday
Nothing is Impossible by BJ
Overwhelmed by Nostalgiakick
Remembering to Fly by Nostalgiakick
Revealing Time by Millefeuilles
Sleeping With the Boss by Folc4evernaday
Strange Visit by Queen of the Capes
The Ring by Nostalgiakick
State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood
Whine No More by Folc4evernaday
**opens envelope and pulls out two slips of paper**
Hmm. Wait. Two slips of paper? Is this a mistake? No? Okay, then. Ladies and gentlemen, we have *two* winners for this category! A tie! Wow!
*clears throat* All right then. Back to it. And the winners are...
And
State's Evidence by Terry Leatherwood!
Congratulations to both of you! Speech time!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Deadly Chakram Well, since Terry isn't here...I guess it's just me.WOW! I’m in a state of shock, I think. Is this for real? All those other amazing fics and I get to split the prize? I mean, clearly, State’s Evidence was awesome. It’s an honor to be in such amazing company.
Geez, when I got the idea for this story, I had no idea how it would be received, nor did I know it would turn into a series. I just thought it would be a cool idea to team up Clark and Bruce, but not in the usual Superman and Batman way. I’m pretty stunned that it was so well received, and even more so that it actually won for Best Overall. I can’t thank each of you who voted enough.

At times, this story became all-encompassing. I’ve spent a long time on the trilogy – probably more than I’ve ever spent on a story…even the rare story and sequel I’ve done. I can’t thank you enough for spending your precious free time reading my story. I (and my muse) really appreciate that. I promise, the final installment of the trilogy is in the works – I’m working with my beta now to polish it up – and it should be posted soon. Hopefully you’ll enjoy the evil plot twists awaiting you!

Special thanks to Val and Feli, who have been putting up with me for almost a year now on these stories. They’ve been amazing betas/sounding boards for me as I’ve written. Couldn’t have done it without them, seriously!

From the very bottom of my heart, thank you, everyone. This is just an incredible honor, to share this award with Terry.

Folc4evernaday:Thanks Vicki congrats!
Thank you everyone! We hope you had a blast. Congratulations to all the winners. Looking forward to another great year of fics. Thanks for 20 years of Kerths! Have a great night everyone!

~The End

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube