Clark: I’m sure she didn’t mean it.
Lois: She described me as ‘challenging’ I’m not sure you can misinterpret that.
Clark: Sometimes that’s a good thing.
Lois: What do you mean?
Clark: Challenges aren’t always bad. Look at the next category.
Lois: I suppose you’re right. We did go on a lot of fun adventures with all those challenges.
Clark: Yeah, how many challenges can get issued in a year. It’s too bad the culprit to many of those challenges couldn’t make it.
Lois: She’s not nearly as bad as Queen of Capes.
Clark: (laughs) I guess you’re right.
Lois: I’m always right. Now, speaking of challenges...
Folc4evernaday
**speech written by Mouse**
Inspiration can come from the oddest of places, and strikes at the oddest of times. Maybe it's two am and you can't sleep, maybe you're bored in a class, or scribbling down some thoughts while rewatching an episode of your favorite show... But when the muses don't cooperate, and the words disappear, there's always one other place you can go to get a quick hit of inspiration.
/turns around and reveals a box on the stage and opens the lid/
/hoards of fluffy bunnies come hopping out/

Oh, god! Oh, they're going everywhere! This was going to go so much better in my head... Whew, and they smell so bad! Um, would everybody mind grabbing a plot bunny or two?
/Clark swoops in and starts handing out bunnies randomly/
Thank you-- oh, gross! That one's pooping! Ew! Stop that rabbit! /mutters darkly/ And here I thought this would be safer than handing out two-by-fours... Okay. So, to beat this metaphor to death and move on, errant plot bunnies live on a nice little farm called the Fanfic Challenge Boards, where friendly folcs leave little rabbits to be adopted by other authors. Some of the best stories end up coming out of these challenges, be they short and sweet or long and winding. Here are the nominees for Best Challenge Response.
A Plot Thwarted by Annie B
A Super Meeting by Deadly Chakram
A Town Called Smallville by Dandello
Being More Discreet by MrsMxyzptlk
Guy Rule Number One by Folc4evernaday
Strange Visit by Queen of the Capes
The Very Bad No Good Day by Folc4evernaday
Through My Eyes (Jack Olsen) by Deadly Chakram
Through My Eyes (Jor-El) by Deadly Chakram
Through My Eyes (Perry White) by Deadly Chakram
Through My Eyes (Sam Lane) by Deadly Chakram
Through My Eyes (Superman) by Deadly Chakram
Virtually Revealed: Jimmy’s Story by Folc4evernaday
And the winner for Best Challenge Response is....
Strange Visit by Queen of Capes! Congratulations, Queenie!
[Linked Image]
Deadly Chakram So, it looks like Queenie isn't here at the moment, so we'll hold on to her award for her.
Darth Vader. Sauron. The Nazis. The Joker. Lex Luthor. King Joffery. Zombie hordes.
Every great story needs a villain. Every hero needs someone to fight against. Every bit of lightness must be counter-balanced with darkness.
Lex: Someone called for me?
Deadly Chakram No, Lex. What are you doing up on stage? You’re supposed to be seated in the audience.
Lex: There was some mistake. My seat was in the rear of the auditorium. I distinctly remember requesting a seat up front. It should be mine by right.
Deadly Chakram Why would you think that?
Lex: (grinning, spreading his hands to gesture to his entire self) Look at me. I’m everyone’s favorite villain after all.
Deadly Chakram While that may be true, it certainly doesn’t entitle you to…
Tempus: (storming on stage) EXCUSE ME?
Deadly Chakram (wide eyed) Tempus?
Tempus: No, I’m Richard Nixon. Of COURSE it’s me.
Deadly Chakram (groans) Oh, perfect. Dare I even ask? Why are you here? I don’t remember the K-Comm inviting you to this ceremony. Not after last year’s hijinks. Actually, I think we specifically told you not to come.
Tempus: Oh, I went back in time and changed things. (gesturing vaguely) You’ll thank me later I’m sure.
Deadly Chakram (muttering) I doubt that.
Tempus: Oh really? And after I did you a favor tonight.
Deadly Chakram A...favor? (skeptical) What might that be?
Tempus: I tossed that Prankster fellow into another dimension so he can’t interfere with the ceremony.
Deadly Chakram Um...wow, that actually WAS nice of you.
Tempus: Bah, I didn’t do it to be NICE. The guy might be fun, but he’s got no real STYLE. Anyway, what’s all this about HIM (pointing accusingly at Lex) being everyone’s favorite bad guy?
Deadly Chakram I didn’t say that…
Tempus: You agreed with him.
Deadly Chakram I was merely being diplomatic.
Tempus: (scowling)
Deadly Chakram
Anyway, like I was saying. A story just isn’t a story without the hero having a foe to strive against. It isn’t impossible – we see villainless plots all the time in the FoLCdom. But for the A-plot driven stories, villains are an absolute necessity.
But villains are more than just evil people hellbent on destroying all that’s good and wholesome in the hero’s world.
Tempus: Where’s the fun in not being evil?
Lex: I hate to agree with him but…I feel compelled to agree.
Deadly Chakram (death stare at the two villains) I was getting to that!
Lex: So testy.
Deadly Chakram Would you two cut it out? Where is Superman when you need him? (shades eyes, looks out into audience)
Tempus: Temper, temper.
Lex: Oh, we don’t need him.
Tempus: Over grown boyscout.
Deadly Chakram
Cut it out both of you!
Lex: She’s sensitive, isn’t she?
Tempus: Very.
Deadly Chakram (through gritted teeth) If you interrupt me one more time… (death stare at Lex and Tempus and they step back) Okay, back to what I was TRYING to say.
Villains are more than just obstacles for the hero to overcome. They can sometimes elicit sympathy, even as they make the reader hate them. They can make us realize things about our own selves. And, when writing, sometimes they can be the most fun characters to work with.
Lex: Of course we are!
Deadly Chakram
(Nodding) It’s true. Villains are interesting! And a good part of why that is is simply because they can be anyone. The charismatic billionaire. (Gestures toward Lex) The bitingly sarcastic time traveler. (Gestures toward Tempus) The head of a crime syndicate. Even a best friend can sometimes turn on the hero. And, once in a while, the hero can discover that he – or she – is their own worst enemy, in a lot of different ways.
It is my pleasure (as a pretty evil author myself) to present to you the nominees in the Best Villain category.
A Plot Thwarted, by Annie B.
Epiphany by Folc4evernaday
Ghost From The Past by Folc4evernaday
Mea Culpa by Kathryn84
My Own Worst Enemy by Folc4evernaday
Nothing Is Impossible by BJ
Pocket Full Of Kryptonite by Mouserocks
Relative History by CLeuch
And, last but certainly not least, State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood
Tempus:(Tempus walks across the stage, extending the envelope.)
Deadly Chakram
Oh, uh, thanks, Tempus.
Nostalgiakick
Tempus: (Looks at Lex) See? I told you I’m the favorite.
Lex: I beg to differ.
Deadly Chakram Boys? Take it outside. (Vicki breaks the seal on the envelope.) And the winner is….Val with My Own Worst Enemy! Congrats, Val!
[Linked Image]
Folc4evernaday
**stands up straight and clears throat, taking mic from Vicki**
Thank you everyone. **takes a deep breath** I honestly never thought I'd win a Kerth. I came pretty close many times but never quite got there. This story was a lot of fun. I took a very unusual twist in my conclusion and had fun with my villains, Lex, Intergang, Nigel, and even Clark and Jimmy themselves became villains as they fought themselves. Thank you to everyone that read this story, commented and voted for it. Thank you!
Normally I’d be saying congratulations to our winner but yeah this is weird. So what’s a good story without great characters, right? Here to announce our best original / supporting character is Carrie.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube