Folc4evernaday: Our next presenter is Cuidadora for Best Tearjerker
Cuidadora This year the Best Tearjerker nominees have pulled at our heartstrings by placing Lois and Clark in a variety of gut-wrenching situations in addition to battling the villains. The stories range from short stories to epics. And the talented authors have outdone themselves in portraying pain, either in a few words or keeping it tense for multiple scenes.
Folc4evernaday wrote four of the nominated stories. In “Collateral Damage,” Lois and Clark face a high-risk pregnancy. In “Epiphany,” a remake of the Season 1 Finale, Clark has to deal with multiple people, both good and bad, knowing his identity and the significance of kryptonite. In “Ghost From the Past,” both Lois and Clark discover they each have been keeping secrets from the other while dealing with Clark’s amnesia which was a consequence of Trask capturing him five years before. All while Clark has to confront his fear of exposure and save the world from Nightfall. And in “My Own Worst Enemy,” the conclusion to the Ghost From the Past Series, Clark and Jimmy both confront the enemy within after exposures to a new form of kryptonite. In both of these stories Lois and Clark not only fight the bad guys, but they struggle to figure out who is a villain and who isn’t.
Lynn S.M. in “Hitting Close to Home” has Lois and Clark face the painful situation of the best way to care for their autistic-adolescent-mixed-heritage son with rages and emotions he can neither control nor understand. In a child who cannot be medicated to control his rages, they have to seek another solution for everyone’s safety
In “Mea Culpa” by Kathryn84, Lois has to deal with the consequences of being brainwashed to kill the one she loves most by the villainous team of Lex Luthor and Max Deter.
BJ takes us to the alternate universe in “Nothing Is Impossible.” Alternate Lois and Clark have to deal with their secrets and conflicting emotions while placing their own lives in danger to expose a serial killer.
In “Pocket Full of Kryptonite” by Mouserocks, a grieving Clark and his children are exposed to kryptonite while figuring out how to cope with a disturbed, grief-stricken Jimmy.
All of these stories are Kerth-worthy, and some of the plots were inspired by real life events for a few of the authors. Kudos to all of you for sharing your pain in such a way to help both yourselves and your readers.
I’m delighted to present the Kerth for Best Tearjerker to Folc4evernaday for Ghost From the Past! Congratulations, Val!!
[Linked Image]
Folc4evernaday **wipes tears from eyes**
Wow… Ghost From the Past was an emotional story to say the least. It tore at my heartstrings as I wrote it and I spent many hours crying at the computer as I tried to put into the words the heartache that weighed on my heart in the lives of Lois and Clark. It took me five years to finally finish this story and I feel it is a great honor to my son, Jamie whom I dedicate this story to. Thank you everyone!
Our next category will be presented by Morgana for Best Kiss...**offers microphone**
Morgana Thanks As the song goes: A kiss is just a kiss a sigh is just a sigh. Who doesn’t love to read about a delectable good smack on the lips? How many times have we eagerly awaited the moment when our favorite reporting duo finally comes together? Sometimes it makes us sigh in happiness or let out a breath in downright relief! Here are this year’s nominees for best kiss.
A Town Called Smallville - Panic in the Sky by Dandello
Changing the Game (rewrite) by Nostalgiakick
Guy Rule Number One by Folc4evernaday
Ghost From the Past by Folc4evernaday
Last Name (Extended) by Thomas MC
Nothing is Impossible by BJ
Revealing Time by Millefeuilles
Rules of Family by Folc4evernaday
Rules of Trust by Folc4evernaday
Slow News Day by MouseRocks
State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood
The Body For It by Opportunemoment
And the winner is ...
Mayson: Me!
Morgana What?
Mayson: First I’d like to thank all the …(reaches for the Kerth)
Morgana Hey! Back off, Mayson!
Mayson: But…(reads winner not loud enough to be picked up by the mic) What? This can’t be right! I’m not even in this story!
Morgana Some people always have to be the center of attention.... The winner for Best kiss is … Slow News Day by Mouserocks!
[Linked Image]
Folc4evernaday Unfortunately Mouse couldn't stick around but we'll be sure she gets her award. Up next, Vicki presenting for Best Relationship
Deadly Chakram (Comes on stage, all decked out in a tasteful, but sexy red dress. Scattering red and pink rose petals, tossing them into the air as she approaches the mic. Heart shaped balloons float in from off stage. A lovely, romantic tune plays slowly as she crosses to center stage and cuts off once she begins to speak.)
Ah, love! Don’t you just LOVE love?
Lois: (barging in from offstage, yelling….errr….talking loudly and passionately.) I’m telling you, Luce! The guy is a grade A loser and you’re gonna regret giving him the time of day!
Lucy:(Just as angry and loud) Oh give it UP, Lois! You know nothing about him!
Lois: I do so! I ran a background check on him!
Lucy: You really aren’t content to let me live my own life, are you?
Lois: (softer) I know what I’m talking about, Lucy. Take it from me. I might not be the best person to give relationship advice but…
Lucy: (cutting her off, voice scathing) No, you aren’t! How many people had to tell you NOT to get involved with Lex Luthor?
Deadly Chakram
Lex: (from the audience, offended) Hey!
Lucy: (ignoring him) How many more of us told you that Clark was a great guy? And for how long did you fight us?
Lois: Oh, you WOULD throw all that in my face!
Deadly Chakram Ladies, please! Enough is enough! Both of you, please, just let it go already.
Lucy:I might, if she ever lets me live my own life. Make my own mistakes. Like she did.
Corben: (Johnny Corben strides pompously on stage) Lucy! Babe! Long time, no see!
Lois: (Looking smugly at Lucy) Oh, look! Here comes one of your biggest mistakes now.
Lucy:He wasn’t ALL bad! (mutters but mic picks it up) At least, not at first.
Lois: (rolls her eyes) Right. (sarcastic tone) All criminals have such soft and tender sides to them.
Corben: (Arms flung wide open) Come here, babe. Give me a kiss, would ya?
Deadly Chakram (exasperated) Oh for the love of God!
Corben: No, not God, but I’m damn close!
Deadly Chakram That’s not what I...you know what? Everyone, get off the stage right now! (Makes a shooing motion) Go! Back to your seats.
Lois: But who’s going to help you present the best relationship?
Lucy:I told you before you shouldn’t be presenting best relationship. You suck at relationships, Lois.
Lois: Oh, and YOU’RE any better?!
Deadly Chakram Stop it! The plan has changed. I can present this category just fine by myself.
Lois: (in a loud whisper the mic picks up) See what you did, Luce?
Lucy: ME???
Deadly Chakram (glares at them all) Just go.

(They all sigh and wither under her “Mom is angry” gaze. One by one, they all file off backstage.)
Now, where was I? Oh yes. Relationships. Love. Isn’t it just grand? We adore watching our favorite couples finally, finally, FINALLY get to be together. I’m looking at you, horrible ARGH show writers. Ahem. (Clears throat.) We cheer them on as they agree to a first date, share a first kiss, admit their developing feelings toward one another.
That doesn’t mean all relationships are smooth sailing. More often than not, especially in our fandom, relationships are more along the lines of a road riddled with potholes. One of the biggest obstacles, of course, being the famous “triangle built for two” that Lois, Clark, and Superman all share. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg! In canon, we also have outside forces like Lex Luthor, Mayson Drake, Dan Scardino and even Zara contributing to the turbulent rollercoaster that Lois and Clark typically find themselves on.
And that’s just the romantic side of the “relationship” blanket. We all know that every person on this planet has relationships with all kinds of people, and not necessarily in a romantic way. Parent and child. Reporter and skittish source. Superman and the person he just saved. Best friends. Old rivals. Siblings - as so helpfully demonstrated by Lois and Lucy. (sighs) Each of us is connected with many, many other people - and not always in a good way.
In the FoLCdom, however, much of our time spent in reading about relationships centers around Lois and Clark. They may live in alternate dimensions or have different names. They may get together with ease or only after trials of Herculean proportions. It doesn’t matter, so long as those two soulmates wind up with their happily ever after...or at least the promise of it.
This year, we had several nominees in the Best Relationship category. They are:
Blooming Time by Millefeuilles
Changing the Game (rewrite) by Nostalgiakick
Epiphany by Folc4evernaday
Ghost From the Past by Folc4evernaday
Guy Rule Number One by Folc4evernaday
Mission of Friendship by Cuidadora
Nothing is Impossible by BJ
Overwhelmed by Nostalgiakick
Remembering to Fly by Nostalgiakick
State’s Evidence by Terry Leatherwood
The Ring by Nostalgiakick
And Whine No More by Folc4evernaday
(stops and takes a deep breath)
Geez, we sure do love our relationships in this fandom!
And the winner is….
Mission of Friendship by Cuidadora!!!!
Congratulations on a well-deserved win!
[Linked Image]
Cuidadora Thank you everyone for reading and voting for my story. Mary Frances has a special place in my heart, and in some ways she is inspired by my real-life experiences. Although I'm not a nun. She has many parallels with Clark and was born in response to VirginaR and Groobie's Canterbury Tales of Metropolis Challenge.
And the warm welcome of all FoLCs to her keeps bringing her back. She also wants to say thanks. She's whispering in my ear that she has another story idea...
so I'd better listen! Thank you so much!
Folc4evernaday Congratulations Cuidadora...Speaking of story ideas. You're up as our next presenter for Best Revelation
Cuidadora This is one of my favorite categories. It’s wonderful to see how many different ways authors come up with for the big reveal. But you know, the revelation doesn’t have to be Clark’s secret. It can be another secret, or even more than one. This year there are eighteen stories nominated for best revelation. Not only are the situations varied, but also what is revealed. And some stories have more than one revelation. They also vary in length, from short-short to epics.
Ellen Lane: Oh, sorry I’m late but I’m here. I’m so excited to finally hear what this big secret is.
Cuidadora No, no, no, that’s not what I meant. I mean, uh…
Ellen Lane: You just have no idea how it feels to be the last to know everything. Finally I get to know something before someone else!
Lois: **stage whispers** Mother, you’re in the wrong ceremony!
Ellen Lane: But I’m going to learn a big secret…
Lois: These are the Kerths for fiction. You have to read the stories to learn the secrets.
Ellen Lane: Oh.
Lois: Come on. They’re about to present the Kerth for Investigative Reporting next door. You don’t want Clark to accept without me, do you?
Ellen Lane: Of course not.
Lois: **Lois mouths “I’m sorry” over Ellen’s shoulder as she leads her off stage**
Cuidadora **grins** Great. Well, as I was saying… The nominated stories are:
“A Town Called Smallville” by Dandello
“Agoraphobia” by Mouserocks
“Brainstorming” by Framework
“Embracing the Darkness” by Deadly Chakram
“Epiphany” by Folc4evernaday
“Ghost From the Past” by Folc4evernaday
“Missing” by NostalgiaKick
“Nothing is Impossible” by BJ
“Overwhelmed” by Nostalgiakick
“Pocket Full of Kryptonite” by Mouserocks
“Remembering to Fly” by Nostalgiakick
“Revealing Time” by Millefeuilles
“Rules of Trust” by Folc4evernaday
“State’s Evidence” by Terry Leatherwood
“The Body For It” by Opportunemoment
“Virtually Revealed: Jimmy’s Story” by Folc4evernaday
“Waiting for a Lady” by Morgana
“Whine No More” by Folc4evernaday
And the winner of the Best Revelation is Embracing the Darkness by Deadly Chakram!
Congratulations!
[Linked Image]
Deadly Chakram Thank you, everyone! I’m so pleased Embracing The Darkness entertained you. I’ll admit, I laughed to myself when I was writing the dual revelation – Bruce learning of Clark’s powers, and Clark revealing that he knows that Bruce likes to dress up in a bat costume. It’s just a fun moment, in an otherwise fairly bleak tale. So, thank you, dear readers, for not being turned off by the darkness and giving my story a chance.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube