49. How I Got This Way, by Patrick F. McManus

Patrick McManus, outdoor humorist extraordinaire, explains in a hilarious fashion how he got to be ... well ... the way he is.

50. Hardcore Twenty-Four, by Janet Evanovich

I think the Stephanie Plum series has jumped the shark. It's been repetitive for a while now, but in this book, there are only a few humorous moments (one of which involves a guy shooting himself in the foot, which shouldn't be funny, but is). Diesel is back, and behaves in a fashion that would get him arrested, shot, or both in real life. There are "zombies" (or something). Stephanie still doesn't make any progress on choosing between Morelli and Ranger (and she's attracted to Diesel, too, of course).

51. Superman and the Miserable, Rotten, No Fun, Really Bad Day, by Dave Croatto

I decided to take Lynn's advice and bought this book, and she's right. It's great -- plenty of humor. I read it, then lent it to my 9-year-old nephew, my 8-year-old niece, and then read it again to my 6-year-old niece (who struggles with reading, but does better if there are pictures and it's a topic she likes).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland