25. Lois Lane: Cloudy with a Chance of Destruction, by Gwenda Bond

Lois catches a classmate smuggling something dangerous to school in order to impress his girlfriend. Trouble ensues (because this Lois also likes dangling over the jaws of death).

26. Ghosts of California: The Haunted Locations of Fallbrook, Lake Elsinore, Murrieta, Perris, and Temecula, by Jeffrey Fisher

I downloaded this book to see what ghosts were supposed to be in the areas I go to. It was interesting, but the research needed some work, especially when it came to the locations of these supposedly haunted buildings.

27. Blue Dahlia, by Nora Roberts

The first book of Roberts' In the Garden trilogy, in which a young widow named Stella takes a job in a nursery, meets a new love, and contends with a ghost who loves children (and hates men).

28. Black Rose, by Nora Roberts

The second book of Roberts' In the Garden trilogy, in which the owner of the nursery from the previous book, Roz Harper, falls for the man doing a history of her family in an attempt to help the increasingly vicious ghost.

29. Dangerous Minds, by Janet Evanovich

Evanovich's new series is funny, like the Stephanie Plum series was before it got repetitive. An island has disappeared, and its Buddhist monk owner, Wayan Bagus, wants it back, so he contacts his former student, Emerson Knight, a Sherlock Holmes type who can't resist a good mystery. Knight brings along his amanuensis, Riley Moon (the Watson to Knight's Holmes), and his redneck cousin, Vernon. Hilarity ensues.

30. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins

31. Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins

32. Dinosaurs, by Peter Zallinger

This old children's book about dinosaurs was written in the 80s and is somewhat out of date, but the art is entertaining, particularly where it appears that a predator is trying to talk his prey into being eaten, and the prey looks like he's about to give the predator a rude gesture.

33. Bad Monkey, by Carl Hiaasen

Hiaasen writes about the Bahamas in this humorous book about crime, corruption, and obnoxious primates.

34. The Magic School Bus: Going Batty: A Book About Bats, by Nancy E. Krulik

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland