#4 Empire of Storms by Sarah J. Maas (5th in Throne of Glass series)

he long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius as war looms on the horizon. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those who don’t.

With her heart sworn to the warrior-prince by her side, and her fealty pledged to the people she is determined to save, Aelin will delve into the depths of her power to protect those she loves. But as monsters emerge from the horrors of the past, and dark forces become poised to claim her world, the only chance for salvation will lie in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.

Okay, now that I'm officially hooked, I figure I'm at the triumphant battle where the heroes win. That's not the case at all. I like that I can't predict where this series is going. But I don't like that the story is left at a critical point and I have to wait for the next book!

#5 LaRose- A Novel by Louise Erditch

North Dakota, late summer, 1999. Landreaux Iron stalks a deer along the edge of the property bordering his own. He shoots with easy confidence—but when the buck springs away, Landreaux realizes he’s hit something else, a blur he saw as he squeezed the trigger. When he staggers closer, he realizes he has killed his neighbor’s five-year-old son, Dusty Ravich.

An interesting look into a culture I'm not that familiar with.

#6 Me Before You by Joyo Moyes

Louisa Clark is an ordinary girl living an exceedingly ordinary life—steady boyfriend, close family—who has never been farther afield than their tiny village. She takes a badly needed job working for ex-Master of the Universe Will Traynor, who is wheelchair-bound after an accident. Will has always lived a huge life—big deals, extreme sports, worldwide travel—and now he’s pretty sure he cannot live the way he is.

This was well done. I was afraid it would be really sappy but there was some good character development.

#7 Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents by Lindsay Gibson

Practical insight as to what these people have grown up with and how it may have affected them.

Joan