2. The Psychopath Test, by Jon Ronson

Journalist Jon Ronson took a course on identifying psychopaths using the Hare Test (developed by psychologist Bob Hare), and set out to identify and interview people who met the criteria, including a man identified as "Tony," who was in a British psychiatric facility called Broadmoor, a Haitian death squad leader, Emmanuel "Toto" Constant, imprisoned for mortgage fraud in the United States, and "Chainsaw Al" Dunlap, who gleefully fired thousands of people while for the purpose of enriching himself and the stockholders of the companies he was CEO of. Along the way, he learns that few if any people meet all of the criteria for being a psychopath (despite the statistic that psychopaths make up approximately 1% of the population as a whole, and a higher percentage of prisoners, CEOs, and politicians).

My note: Few if any people meet none of the criteria, which are quite broad and can be skewed by such factors as age, experience, and culture. An infant would score high on the Hare Test due to their level of brain development (as far as an infant is concerned, they are the center of the universe, and they have little or no empathy -- and such traits of probably necessary for their survival, and usually start to to fade as their brains develop and they become more self-sufficient), while some of the criteria, such as multiple short-term marriages and sexual promiscuity, are common in some subcultures.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland