Hi Mouserocks! Thanks for your comments.
Yikes! That would be weird, considering she was expecting Clark and they aren't all that close yet
Even though everyone knows Clark is Superman, I wanted to show that sometimes it could be forgotten. And I could totally see Clark knocking loudly to startle Lois because it's fun. One of the perks of not having to hide his abilities. laugh
Vouching for this, because I have a lot of family in Missouri and Kansas (although some cousins in KC, MO do say there's more night life there now, I doubt there was in Clark's time). Also I love the little bit of attitude Clark has about this, the confidence. It's funny and attractive.
I can vouch for it, too. I may have grown up a little more west of Kansas, but at least in our family and neighborhood, this is how we spent our time with friends. Or movies.
I love the flip on this as well. Lois being the patient one, and that she expected him and Lana to have been intimate. It's not mentioned much in fics or in canon (obviously) but it makes sense that he and Lana would have been closer in the Alt-U.
There will be a little more from Lois about this in a future chapter. I'm glad that this flip wasn't too OOC.
shock WHa-wha-whaT?? shock He really knows already? Did I skip something? At first I thought it was Lois joking and pulling his leg, but on second read-through, he definitely knows. Was that in his research on her? Did he figure it out on his own? I like the little bit of mystery, but I'm also interested in knowing more about how he figured it out, or even how much he figured out. (I'm guessing he hasn't connected the dots on Lois being in his head sometimes.)
There is more on this later. Hang in there.
Truth! Also, sidebar, curious to see if Luthor is out of the picture for good on this one. Is he just in prison? Or dead? Or is he potential sequel material?
Hmm. So many questions that I haven't answered yet. Please keep reading. Hopefully, all will become clear.