*giggles at drunk lois and star* Off to a good start already.

Lois turned to go back into her kitchen to grab a cream soda when a knock directly behind her on her third-story, living room window caused her to shriek and jump in fright. She turned, a hand over her chest, to see Clark hovering just outside the glass in full Superman glory, a smirk of amusement on his face

Yikes! That would be weird, considering she was expecting Clark and they aren't all that close yet

Okay, so maybe the Superman suit wasn’t the most enticing outfit he owned. Lois licked her lips as her eyes got stuck on his biceps as he slipped his glasses onto his face.
drool Lois is correct on that point. Biceps for *days*.

“Lois, I grew up in Kansas. Card games were our version of clubbing.”
lol Vouching for this, because I have a lot of family in Missouri and Kansas (although some cousins in KC, MO do say there's more night life there now, I doubt there was in Clark's time). Also I love the little bit of attitude Clark has about this, the confidence. It's funny and attractive.

“Wow. So you’re a v … very patient woman.”

“I guess you could say that. It’s just that I take sex seriously and the first time… when I do cross the intimacy threshold, I don’t want to just do it, I want to make love.”

“That’s beautiful, Lois. Just so you know, I wanted to be sure, too. I waited for a long time, but …”

“Lana.”
I love the flip on this as well. Lois being the patient one, and that she expected him and Lana to have been intimate. It's not mentioned much in fics or in canon (obviously) but it makes sense that he and Lana would have been closer in the Alt-U.

Lois slid down to the floor and pulled the popcorn with her. She avoided Clark’s gaze and started dealing until he lifted the coffee table and moved it aside.

As one does. lol

Lois grinned. “I told you, Clark. I’m psychic.”

“And I have x-ray vision; trust has to start somewhere, Lois. I don’t think you cheated. Tell me, how did you know?”
shock WHa-wha-whaT?? shock He really knows already? Did I skip something? At first I thought it was Lois joking and pulling his leg, but on second read-through, he definitely knows. Was that in his research on her? Did he figure it out on his own? I like the little bit of mystery, but I'm also interested in knowing more about how he figured it out, or even how much he figured out. (I'm guessing he hasn't connected the dots on Lois being in his head sometimes.)

I’ve never met a more despicable person than Lex Luthor.

Truth! Also, sidebar, curious to see if Luthor is out of the picture for good on this one. Is he just in prison? Or dead? Or is he potential sequel material? (whoops, didn't mean to jump that far ahead, brain just does that. I'll be patient and keep reading.)

wave

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain