I enjoy these little glimpses into Lois's past. I love her in the supportive friend role, helping Star (and I'm seriously hating how the girls are being treated like labrats). I have a feeling that Lois isn't going to stick around for that much longer.

But back to the present:

Lois set a bowl of freshly popped popcorn on the coffee table next to a stack of card and board games. That first night Clark had come to her apartment had gone better than she could have hoped for given the rough beginning they had had. Now, Clark was coming over tonight to work on the murder investigation by fleshing out their backstory. They had agreed to share more information about themselves, both to make their cover believable and also in an effort to get to know one another.

Hmmm. I have a suggestion for how they could get to know one another better. blush What? I was totally thinking board games, too.

“Interesting. Feeling like losing a few games to a master, huh?”

“Pff! As if!” Lois bumped his arm with her shoulder. “You never said that super-slamming was one of your powers. You have no idea who you’re talking to here.”

Aww, they are getting to be friends! I love that.

“Well, you’ve probably heard the rumors about Claude. He was a foreign correspondent at the Planet. He was French and had this accent. Mmm! Anyway, he kind of took me under his wing and started to mentor me. I loved the attention and I learned some things from him, but it ended the night he tried to seduce me for my story notes.” Lois chuckled morosely. “I probably should have let him have them. They were my notes on the Congolese gunrunning story.”

I like that this Lois figured out what Claude was up to before she woke up that next morning. And yeah, maybe she should have handed those notes right over to him! Would've saved her a bit of trouble!

And so Lois is a very patient woman in this universe, huh? I love how you keep some things the same and then surprise me by reversing some things from the way we know them. Keeps me interested as a reader!

I enjoyed their little question/answer session, especially since you intertwined more serious questions with lighter ones. Interesting to hear how Lois escaped and her motivation for bringing Luthor down. They are discovering lots about each other.

Are we going to get to see more of their game night? Or it is onto bigger and better things in the next part? Looking forward to it!

Tracey smile