I'm honestly disappointed that there's not much interest in this idea. I don't think making the site mobile-friendly necessarily has to hurt those who only use desktop. I know little about UBB.threads software, but I would be surprised if there was no way to make the site mobile-friendly without making significant questionable changes to the desktop site. But I guess if the forum software is badly written enough that upgrading it to a mobile-compatible version will break all the links, there's nothing that can be done about that.

I understand focusing on existing users, but I guess I just wish this site was more "future proof", and without being mobile friendly, it's already far behind. As someone who's learning web development, I know that's just the way it is. But if the community doesn't see much benefit, I can accept that.

I agree that the upgrade to the lcfanfic.com site was of debatable quality, but mobile-friendliness is not the problem in and of itself, I don't think. Interestingly, the individual story pages of that site always looked great on mobile even before the change.