I do the majority of my reading on my desktop computer as it gives me a headache to try to read for long on such a small screen. (If I download any stories, it is onto my Nook, which is so old now, it doesn't hold a charge very long.) Sometimes, I'll check to see if any new installments of stories I am reading have posted, so that it gives me extra umph to check the message boards (as if I need a push) while on my computer. I don't post on my phone (I'm not even logged into the site while on my phone) as typing on the tiny keypad is not user friendly and usually (according to my texts) has more errors than my liking (YES, autocorrect, I'm pointing to YOU!). I also find it's not easy to change / edit what one has written on a cell phone. As a writer, I'm used to editing as I type, changing a word here or there to make what I want to say to be more clear and accurate.

When they changed the Archives site to be more mobile friendly recently, it really alienated the rest of us who find the new site bland, vague, and more difficult to find stories. Personally, I don't understand how it is supposed to be an improvement for mobile browsers (or anyone) as it now looks like all the other boring websites out there. There's nothing to it that says, "This is an awesome FanFic Site! Stay and Read!" (And for you literalists out there, you know I meant visually.)

Like Shallowford, I rarely browse while on my phone because I find it slow and difficult to find what I'm looking for. For those of you who do a lot on your phones, kudos. I do think that if the message boards were to change again to suit only the group using mobile devices at the expense of the rest of us, membership would decline rather than increase. It feels as if membership, readers, and comments declined after the last message board change just a few years ago and I would hate to see that happen again.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.