Name: Virginia

Things You Enjoy: Walking or hiking in fresh mountain air. Making my kids laugh. Discovering a new recipe that includes chocolate (or rehashing that old one). Silence. (It's even better away from civilization. No hum of computers or anything man-made. Just beautiful.) Cuddling with a soft cat, while attempting to read a good romance or murder mystery. (Anyone who knows cats will understand the use of "attempt" in that sentence.) The darkness of a movie theater and the anticipation of what's to come. Reading/watching about a strong female character who goes on an adventure and the man she loves who admires her even more for not needing him to rescue her. (Ironic, I know.) Spelling a word correctly the first, second, AND third time I use it. Avoiding reality. Absolute control over my world (see previous and next sentences). The excitement of knowing my imagination and characters have plotted against me to hang left after I insisted that we were going most-certainly right. Old stuff. History. Culture. Traveling. Learning something new. (All that and more, not necessarily in that order.) Oh! And writing fiction, usually steeped in romance.

What You Love Most About LnC: Crazily enough, I love that Lois and Clark are both perfect people with flaws. Lois is flawed in the same way I am (or picture myself as or easily could've been in an alternative universe, had I been born a brunette), so that helps. wink I love that she's tough, brave, smart, driven, and somewhat scary, and that Clark admires her for it. Mostly, I was intrigued by Clark being the man and Superman being the disguise. I grew up with the Chris Reeves movies, and Clark acting like an idiot, therefore, Dean's portrayal of Clark was refreshing. I *love* that he fell in love with Lois at first sight and that's it's HIM playing catch-up, instead of him patronizingly teasing her to see through Clark's disguise. It's less insulting of Lois. I liked having Lex Luthor as the esteemed businessman, whom Lois admires and Clark has to battle both as Superman and as Clark. I adore Perry's Elvis addiction. However, one can't beat that Martha and Jonathan are still alive, are intelligent farmers, and Clark sees them as an asset to his life, past, present, and future (more so than a dead planet that abandoned him, albeit unwillingly, when he was an infant). Krypton may have given him the blood in his veins and his powers, but it was Martha and Jonathan who made him the sweet, loving, upstanding citizen and man he became. (The other version is also very insulting to adoptive parents.) Plus, everything about Tempus. He's a villain I love to hate.

Favorite Episode: Tempus Anyone? (Duh!)

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.