Hi wave...

folc4evernaday posted:

I have a love/hate relationship with this arc. I love that Clark FINALLY admits his feelings, but I HATE that he was so cruel to her as Superman...idk it just seemed out of character to me. I still don't understand WHY Lois said 'yes' to Lex. She said she didn't KNOW if she loved him when Clark asked her. splat thud I don't understand it. I don't understand how anyone could agree to marry someone they didn't know they loved unless it was some sort of arrangement (which wasn't the case here). Okay, jumping off my soapbox now....

I have totally thought all of what you are saying, too thumbsup...

I guess, thinking about it now, the reason I can get past both Clark and Lois' out of whack actions in these episodes is because of how much confusion/hurt/loss they are both feeling. I think, if things would have been a little less intense (for both of them) they probably would have acted a lot differently.

Clark...yeah, I hate how cruel he is as Superman to Lois, also razz . That comment was totally uncalled for. But, Clark's in a ton of pain at the time. Telling Lois he loved her at the park, IMO, was probably the biggest risk he had ever taken (including becoming Superman). His heart had been invested in his feelings for her for almost a year, she was his best friend. He had never had that close of a relationship to anyone, let alone truely been in love. I've always really thought that he would have confessed to everything IF Lois had returned his feelings that day. Throw in the equally mean timing of Lois asking Clark to produce Superman in that conversation? Last straw--he felt like he was loosing her in every way.

Lois. Wow. She is not in a good place for most of both of these episodes. I think Lex threw her for a loop with his proposal, and have always assumed that the flattery/awkwardness of the situation kept Lois from immediately saying no. By the time Clark confesses his feelings to Lois on the bench, her life is unraveling. The Planet is gone--which really means her family/support system has shattered. I think Clark's honesty in expressing his love scared her to death--not that she hadn't felt a lot of what Clark had been feeling for months--but she'd become so great at hiding those feelings, that she immediately went into 'preservation mode' when the subject came up. I've always thought 'loosing' Superman was sorta her last straw. I don't think she honestly ever loved him, but I think she had become very accustom to having him as sorta a safety net (the 'perfect guy'). Loosing the dream of Superman--combined with now things being strange with her best friend Clark (b/c of his love), and also not having her job or her friends at her job (her 'family'), IMO, sorta 'drove' Lois to Lex.

Lex, IMHO, was a viable 'option' simply because her heart wasn't invested. She couldn't get hurt, therefore he was safe wallbash. And for Lois, by the time she says yes to Lex's proposal, all she had been feeling during these few weeks was the resulting hurt from loosing everyone that her heart had openned up to.

I don't know if any of that twisting/turning thought process makes any sense, but that is pretty much where I always go during BATP/HOL jump.

Fun talking clap ...
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/10/17 03:09 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~