What a great thread hyper...

This should be a ton of fun grin.

Name: Laura

Occupation: I stay at home with our two children, Ava and Eli. Ava is in 1st grade and Eli is in preschool (to go to Kindergarten in the fall mecry ).

I have a Bachelor's degree in 'Textiles and Clothing'. Originally my plan was to move to a 'big city' and work in fashion design, but when I decided to stay closer to home, I worked as an interior design assistant and also in fashion merchandising for a clothing store.

Things You Enjoy: Obviously L&C, but others include...

-writing (which I attribute to the show, and also, all of the talent here). I've been working on a story--since 2014 wallbash--so it's anyone's guess when it'll get finished (more to do with an unreliable muse than to length).

-reading (which, again, I attribute to all the FOLC's who have written such great stories through the years clap )

-watching rom/com movies ('The Notebook'/'Notting Hill'/'When Harry Met Sally'/'While You Were Sleeping'/etc)

-thrifting (thrift stores, garage sales, tag sales, antique stores, etc)...I LOVE to find a good deal on something really unique to wear or to use in our home

-decorating (I've been in the process of turning our bungalow from a house to a home--using, from above, all of those deals that I love to find. I really enjoy cheaply making each room in our house come together).

What You Love Most About L&C: I could write a book...

Well, first off, the relationship smile. It is what drew me into the show, what kept me glued to the show, and what keeps me still so enamoured with it after all these years. The chemistry between Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher, IMO, has still, to this day, never been topped.

But what touched me the most about the show, what has always made it so special to me, were these specific characters in this specific relationship. Clark was alone. He didn't know how to really 'be' himself. He had doubts. Lois was scared. She didn't trust people. She didn't think that she could open herself up to others.

Growing up, I was the type that took a long time to really be myself around other people. I needed to be really comfortable in situations to be me. I would pick and choose when I could open up. L&C came on the air when I was 13--it could not have been better timing smile. It hit me like a lightning bolt!

Here were these characters that I looked up to--who I admired--who were feeling what I was feeling. Who were second-guessing themselves. Who were unsure. Lois and Clark validated every week what I was wondering about myself. And most amazingly, they figured it all out...they figured 'life' out. They learned how to trust themselves, and how to trust someone else. They found their best friend, and they found love love.

Watching 'Lois' and 'Clark' had a huge impact on me growing up. And the fact that these amazing characters were part of a wonderful, romantic love story? Could not get any better smile !

Favorite Episodes:. Yeah...this could be quite the list help. But I'll narrow it down to a top few...

-Green, Green Glow of Home
Where Lois and Clark become friends--not because of a work partnership or a story. Love that smile

-Honeymoon in Metropolis
So many wonderful things happen here dance . They both reach a level of mutual comfort in each other, and with that, their attraction and feelings seem to seep into their reality. Lois learns that she can be herself and someone will still like her for it--that's huge for someone who hides from others.

-Barbarians at the Planet/House of Luthor
The angst--even after all of these years--still gets me notworthy. As does the fact that as Lois is going down the aisle to marry Lex, it's not him she wants at all. She doesn't want a billionaire, she doens't want her Super hero, she wants and misses her best friend. And that hug--with Lois in her wedding dress and Clark so very weak...wow. Gets me every time hyper.

-Also...
-The Prankster
-The Phoenix
-Lucky Leon
-Whine, Whine, Whine
-And the Answer Is...
-Just Say Noah
-Don't Tug on Superman's Cape
-Any ep with Tempus smile.

Talia stated:

Ugh...not gonna lie, thinking back on how great this show is makes me kinda hate myself for not only not watching the whole thing, but for not rewatching it thirty times over...LOL! I think the fact that there are fans around who have watched the show many times and many years ago but still find new things to do with their love should help me be less afraid of "using up" and getting tired of the show.

Anyway, this isn't a part of the questionnaire, but I do want to add a little about why I'm here to begin with. I've only been a Superman fan for a few years, but I'm honestly a bit obsessed and I love thinking in-depth about the franchise. So I'm honestly pretty desperate to meet some fans who I can talk to about it, because I don't know a lot of people I can do that with yet! The Lois & Clark fandom seems like a good place to start because I have a lot of love for that show and I feel like I'll have more common ground with its fans than other segments of Superman fans. I started reading L&C fanfic on the archive and I have to say, it's a ton of fun! I'm really excited to meet you all, and hopefully write some fanfiction myself!

I started watching L&C when it premiered on ABC back in 1993. I wouldn't even have a guess as to how many times I've seen a lot of these eps (especially the ones I wrote about above wink ). Honestly, IMO, the episodes get better with time. Obviously, the storyline is pretty well memorized after a watch or two, but the characters? Noticing something new that they do--a facial expression, an eye roll, body language, etc--adds so much to what is going on. Scenes get richer. More detailed. Episodes become even more interesting grin.

And I'm so glad you are here! It's a great bunch of really nice people. Feel free to start a thread--if it isn't related to fanfic, you could always post in the 'Lois & Clark', 'Superman', or 'Off Topic' folders...

The L&C Archive is a treasure of wonderful talent. You will feel like you just gained thousands of new adventures to go on with Lois and Clark (trust me smile1 ). The stories are amazing!

And it's a blast to hang out here. It's fascinating to read along as stories come together. I've really enjoyed getting to know everyone, also. It's such a great place clap...

Looking forward to seeing you around here--and maybe one day reading a story you wrote smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 03/10/17 12:19 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~