I am disappointed by the loss of the Kerth Award graphics. The ribbon permanently attached to the story in the archives is the one tangible thing an author wins, but it has now been stripped away. The ribbons were marked with the year in which the stories won; that historical context is now gone. Viewers no longer have a sense of how an author developed over time, can no longer easily see when they were actively writing. The thin boxes that now mark winners are easily overlooked and lack explanation. For example, Wendy Richards has several stories with two boxes - what did they represent? Why do the boxes look like Chinese characters on my phone?

I took a great deal of pride in my virtual ribbons, and must say that I was hurt when I saw they were gone.

Having taken a lot more time looking over the update version of the archives this is my additional take:

I agree with Groobie completely. All the writers in this fandom have worked very hard on writing our stories, sometimes getting up early in the wee hours to finish a scene that pulled the entire fic together.

We want to encourage other readers and writers to visit the archives and enjoy the wealth of stories proudly displayed there. But sadly, this revamp is rather sterile. There is not a single picture of our favorite reporting duo.

It is hurtful that all our awards have been stripped down to something less than an emoticon.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.