What a roller coaster ride! Lois's emotions are all over the place (and rightfully so). She hates Clark. She misses Clark. She possibly likes Clark. It's all Clark's fault! clap

I love how Lois discovers through her musings (and waiting for Superman) that she doesn't need LNN, and therefore Lex. She's a terrific writer; she can just go to another newspaper! She doesn't NEED a man to rescue her. Realizing this, it makes perfect sense that she doesn't throw herself at Superman to love her, but to be her friend. She misses Clark, her partner, her friend, and that cute guy she playfully (and securely) can flirt with.

Seeing Lois vulnerable and miserable about hurting Clark was just the medicine Clark's (Superman's? wink ) aching heart needed to forgive her harsh words from that afternoon. Of course, admitting that she *could* someday fall for Clark hadn't hurt either.

A sweet story about the true strength of friendship that it even finds itself through disguises. clap Well done! Like Lynn, I believe it's best left up to the reader to fill in what happens next. (Unless your muse has come up with a sequel, then please disregard my words.)

And if my rusty German was half as good as your English, I would count myself blessed.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.