Hiya, AntiK! smile Good to see you around!

You asked what you said that inspired this fic. I can actually pinpoint the exact quote. On "Guilty Until Proven Innocent," you said "That was incredibly thought-provoking, and inspires all kinds of dark thoughts about alternate worlds with cynical, world-weary Supermen!" I read that and he idea was sparked. Again, I thank you for it.

I'm glad you liked it and that it didn't scar you for life. wink It only made sense to set it up in a methodical way - how one thing leads to another. It couldn't happen all at once, or it wouldn't be believable for Clark. It most definitely *is* a spiral that he can't escape or even get a breath from, as I'm sure depression can be.

The girls and I have watched most of the Justice League cartoon episodes on Netflix and I do love it a lot. So I kind of got used to Jon as GL.

I loved, loved, loved having the chance to throw Bruce and Diana into the mix. I had a very strong image in mind before I started writing, of them trying to persuade Clark to come back to the League, particularly Diana. I the stuff with Clemmons and then the post-suicide attempt with Bruce and Diana were my favorites to write, if I'm being honest. And I was very, very drawn to leaving the story with Clark's death - at first. But it felt incomplete and it was more satisfying for me to write the post-dream stuff.

Looks like the urgency of the situation forced away some of Well's usual conversational hang-ups!

I'm glad you liked Jimmy. Again, I had a very strong feeling that Jimmy would be out there trying to contact Clark and pull him back to the world.

Thanks again for reading and inspiring the piece! And I'm glad I could sort of take down your "that would never happen!" instinct! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon