Still, she felt a little guilty. She was sure Mayson would understand why Lois had chosen to take the risk with Clark's health. And she knew in her heart that, even if the worst happened and Clark did die, the woman would never even think to prosecute her. Not that she could, even if she wanted to. Clark had left all medical decisions in Lois' hands. That included any off-the-wall, out of the box, crapshoot experimental procedures that might have any kind of chance of saving his life.

So she didn't make the call and sent the one call Mayson made to her straight to her voicemail.

Clark did give Lois power of attorney over all medical decisions should he not be capable of doing so, than Mayson would not be able to prosecute her.

But it was the height of selfishness deliberately not contacting Mayson when she called. Mayson has been gracious through this entire situation, the very least Lois could do was make a simple five minute phone call.

"You opted for your father's treatment, didn't you?" he asked knowingly.

She nodded shakily as she pulled away again. "I didn't see any other way. Neither did your parents," she responded, noting Dr. Klein's continued absence. "I'm sorry, Clark. I didn't want to expose your body to the Kryptonite, but I just couldn't let you go without a fight."

I like this way of using her Dad's treatment! clap This way Dr. Lane does not come to the hospital adding more questions from him about exactly how close Lois and Superman are. Bernie gets to bring the Kryptonite and monitor Superman without another person looking over his shoulder. Of course Lois wasn't going to let the man she loves die without a fight!

"So, where are your parents?" she asked as she cut dainty pieces of her food, studiously not looking at him, it seemed.

"They wanted to give us some space, so they went out to dinner and out dancing," he replied, sipping at his glass of lemon water.

Lois paused, her fork in midair. "Dancing? Like, at a club?"

Clark chuckled. "Not quite. They went to Palisade. You know, that upscale place down by docks? It's ballroom dancing night, and Mom's always wanted to try that."

Lois, Jonathan and Martha are very smart people, you could learn a thing or two about them. Look how well their son turned out!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.