Originally Posted by cuidadora
Such a hard place for both Lois and Clark to be. She's absolutely right that the ICU is no place to discuss secrets. Who knows how the sound will travel, or who is listening? That intercom could be open to the nurse's station and the patient might not know. Plus neither one of them is emotionally in a good place to discuss those BIG issues. And Clark is too physically ill.

I'm so glad that Lois had called Martha & Jonathan, and that they could help her make that decision. To suddenly be put in the place of health care proxy without any warning on top of everything else, had got to be awful for Lois. She's showing how tough she really is under pressure.

It's nice that she did call Sam to get his ideas. And it make sense that her relationship with Clark and his parents is at least partially responsible for the healing (even if incomplete) of her relationship with Sam.

Now hopefully the healing of Clark can begin, and then their relationship can heal.

Amazing chapter! thumbsup clap

Yeah, I side with Lois on the decision not to have that particular discussion. They aren't so much afraid of the intercom possibly being on (they've been calling him Clark and had a few discussions that would totally give away the CK=S secret if anyone was listening in) but more along the lines of Clark is too weak and Lois is still very conflicted. She hasn't completely sorted out her feelings because she's been dealing with his illness. Much better to have that discussion if/when he's better and they are completely alone. smile

I don't think Lois had a choice in calling the Kents. She would have made the decision anyway, but if she hadn't, and Clark dies, she would never be able to live with herself for making the decision alone.

I think Lois deciding to swallow her pride and ask her father for help shows just how much she's matured since Clark first came into her life.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon