Hi Vicki! [Linked Image]
She barely even checked the time, unless it was getting close to the end of visiting hours or she had an interview to get to.

He was impressed.
One might think she actually really loves him shock He might have to die to get out of marrying her.
KRYPTONIAN FLU: [Linked Image]

He needed to let Lois yell, scream, cry, throw accusations...whatever she might need to do in order to...
What about boink him to release all that pent up tension and stress? Would he be willing to suffer through that, too?

If he got better, however, he wouldn't rest until he was sure that Lois heard all he so desperately needed to tell her.
Ho he dated the Smallville sheriff’s daughter, the homecoming queen, the Nigerian princess, that one waitress after that plane almost crashed, and who knows who else?

If anything, he was afraid that Lois would finally snap out of whatever sense of duty she felt toward him and leave, never to return. If that happened, he wouldn't know what to do. A life without Lois wasn't a life worth living.
So, good thing he’s on the brink of death anyway, right?

Mayson came as much as possible too, but her job wasn't nearly as flexible.
So, Lois is the more flexible of the two, then? I do believe he probably should not mention it to Lois. It might lead to awkward questions about how he knew such details.

No one else possessed invulnerability.
LEX: wave Invulnerable to the laws of men.

No one else on the planet could be hurt by Kryptonite.
That’s not true. I’m sure you could kill a human with a shard of Kryptonite just as easily as you could Superman.

Silence. Then, finally, "Well...that depends. What's wrong with your friend?"

"He has a...unique illness," Lois replied.
It’s something he got from a Chumash tribe.

"There's a theory...and, again, it's only a theory...that if a host body can be brought to the brink of death, the virus won't be able to survive. It will basically be starved out.
Medieval doctor: Sounds like something we do when we bleed the patients and drill holes in their heads to remove the evil spirits from their bodies. And it always works. The patient is cured from the evil spirits every single time!

She drove like a woman possessed, making it back to the hospital in record time, and only narrowly avoiding getting into an accident at one particularly busy intersection.
Wouldn’t that have been awkward, for Clark to get better on his own, only to learn that Lois had perished in a car accident?

Alarm shot through her, and, out of the corner of her eye, she saw the worry in Dr. Klein's face too.

"He wasn't like this when I left him," the doctor apologized. "Please, believe me."
Worried what Lois might do to him if Superman doesn’t recover?
Dr. KLEIN: I’ve read what happened to her last fiancé after she learned that he was a crook. I do *not* want to be on her bad side.

Lois nodded. "Like I said, it's insane to consider. But it's up to Superman. Superman?" she prompted.
To be fair, it’s no more dangerous than what Superman did to Lois, on numerous occasions.

Dr. Klein checked his watch. "It shouldn't take more than an hour for me to get to the lab and back again. I'd send an assistant to bring it here, but only Superman and I have had our biometrics programmed into the vault's security system."
Couldn’t they detach one of his hands…?

Lois sighed as the door closed behind him. "What am I going to do?" she wondered aloud. "How am I supposed to choose between two very bad options?"
Looky there, we’re back at the beginning, only this time, Lois is facing the impossible choice.

"Do it," she told him, as soon as the door to Clark's room was shut.

To Be Continued...
Oh dear! Only two more parts (and a possible epilogue) and we still don’t know if this tale will end like Batman vs. Superman! peep

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.