Originally Posted by groobie
Catching up on stories tonight. Sorry for the delay - RL has been incredibly busy lately.

The friendship between Lois and Mayson in this story is a good change from canon. There can still be some tension between them, they don't have to agree on everything, but they can have a peaceful detente and come together on what's important, their shared support for Clark. Nice scene with Clark - I'm sure he gained at least a piece of mind from knowing Lois was by his side even after the reveal.

On to the next part...

No worries! RL often gets in the way of things for me too. smile

Glad you like the budding friendship between Lois and Mayson. I think we got a few glimpses of a potential friendship in canon, and if Clark hadn't factored into things, they could have maybe worked past their differences. Which is basically what's happening here. They aren't vying for Clark, which is giving them a chance to see eye to eye.

Clark did take comfort in Lois being there. He's not at peace, per se, as he is still worried how Lois is going to react once they are in the clear/if he gets better and they really get the chance to talk.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon