[Linked Image]
They wouldn't even confirm that he was there, even though Mayson herself demanded access to him.
Couldn’t Mayson make up something about her being there to have the dangerous vigilante arrested, now that he’s finally no longer able to resist?

"Mayson's the one who found him in his...unwell state," Lois clarified, purposefully staying as vague as possible, in the event of prying ears.
Yeah, Mayson’s Superman’s *other* professional caregiver.

than I'm not certain any of the traditional methods are going to work. Still, we can try and hope."
Good thing Lois’s going to kill Superman, then, isn’t it?

Dr. Klein interrupted. "My best guess is that it's something only Krypton has ever seen.
KRYPTONIAN SCIENTIST: Yeah, that? It’s called sneezles. We go through 5000 tons of tissues every year thanks to it. He should be up and about again in…uh…another 13 days or so. And have him eat hot egg-layer soup. With dried grain strips.

It's possible the radiation stimulated the virus."
Ooooh! Like the Hulk?
HULK’d-out VIRUS: Puny super man.

Dr. Klein signed and rubbed at his tired eyes. "I'm trying to manually cool his body. We've got cooling blankets and ice packs on him, but it's a gamble at best.
Couldn’t they suspend him in liquid nitrogen?

she told me about how hard it had been to breathe, how every single breath was an exhausting effort. I nodded and offered what words of encouragement I could, but I didn't understand it in the least.
[Linked Image] Lex Luthor has kidnapped Lois and taken her to his Alpine stronghold where he plans to do despicable things to her.
CLARK: shock Thanks, now I get it.

"You being here is enough." A thought seemed to come to him. "Wait...you walked in together, didn't you? Did you two...come to the hospital together?"
Realizing that his girlfriend and his other friend who’s also a girl are starting to swap stories and this means all his secrets are going to get blown out of the water?

She wasn't sure what had happened to the man once his actions had become common knowledge in the journalism world, but he'd never again done any kind of reporting, which was just fine with Lois.
He’s probably off on some tropical island, writing up stories for LFI and dating another woman each day. Well, at least till he’s gone through the available dating pool, all ten of them, and then he got to start all over again. So, in a sense, he’s in a polygamous marriage with ten women on a tropical island getting paid to write about his escapades as a scoundrel reporter.

Had she stumbled upon his secret in those early days, when he was an unwanted partner and a brand new superhero, she absolutely would not have hesitated to print the story of his dual identities.
Instead of using it to get her superhero into her bedchamber?

For the first time in my life, I want to fight for a relationship, instead of walking away."
Peaked under the blanket, has she?

Lois smiled at little and chuckled in turn. "I guess so. So, what do you say? Friends?"

"Friends," Mayson affirmed, briefly shaking Lois' outstretched hand at a red light.
Yeah, he’s sooo dead.

It's just not in his nature to condemn a person for doing what they thought was right."
LEX: See? I told you Superman would never condemn me for doing my very best to save humanity from the alien menace and claim Lois as my bride.

"So...can I ask? And you can feel free to tell me to buzz off if you'd like. But..." She hesitated, as though unsure how to phrase her question.
‘…how’s he between the sheets? I mean, he’s Superman, so…does he float?’

"That's his true strength," Lois murmured to herself, the words nearly lost into the bear's soft fur as she hugged it close. "His heart." She sighed as she turned out the lamp, plunging the room into darkness. "Please be okay."
Awww…
LEX: So, it would be a bad thing then if I mounted a shard of Kryptonite on an I-beam and ran that through the middle of his chest?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.