Millefeuilles: wave

Bonjour Virginia,
No FDK for this part, sorry, but all my gratitude for your storytelling talent...
Wow! Thank you for posting comments and let me know you're reading my story. smile

I must confess that, when I first began reading your story and understood the premises, I was dubious you'd manage to hold all the threads together.
Me, too! Then, again, I had no idea this story would end up being this long.

Boy, was I wrong!!!! (And very happily so.)
Me, too! [Linked Image]

I ADORE your story. It's devilishly clever, and the variations on the theme are wonderful (For instance, I laughed out loud when you deflated the Ariana Carlin plot in 3 pages flat on the "second take"... or was it the third?)
Thank you. Frankly, I've lost count myself. After what Arianna did to Lois in the first book, I don't blame Lois for taking her down quickly.

Even if I sort of resented Wrong Clark in the beginning (for taking "our" Clark's place), I've sort of fallen in love with the character, and with this Lois.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Alt-Clark.

The first part of the story (1st rewind timeline, with Clark as a ghostly voice in Lois' mind) was absolutely heart wrenching. It also showed how much CK/Superman was needed...
Yes, Life in that universe was better with Clark. I'm amazed myself at how long I was able to keep Lois... Lois was able to keep herself alive without him. Go, Lois!

The present part is even more awesome: I adore your Martha and Jonathan and their relationship with 'Jerome' (his secret helping out at the farm was very moving...), and I really enjoyed your twisted variations on HoL and BatP. You juggled all the balls in the air, and none crashed down. I'm really really really impressed... And your Luthor was creepy while retaining all John Shea's charm.
I'm glad. I can only see the creepy because my blinders are off.

I hope you'll have time to post the next parts regularly, as I'm really on tenterhooks to know how the story develops... Have you planned it all?
I have the ending of Book 2 planned (yes, people, there will be an ending). It's just the getting to that part that seems to be slowing me down. Plus, my Muse has been distracted over on the Nfic boards lately. My apologies. I'll get back to work on Wrong Clark again soon. I'm trying not to post parts until I have what I can call a full-plot arc (a whole chapter or mini-story line within the major one). So, I'll post in micro bursts.

Is the 'curse' ineffective in a broken timeline? (The break preventing its continuation) Or does the fact that this Lois and this Clark aren't from the same timeline, they aren't "true" soulmates, so the curse doesn't work?

I'm also wondering how Lois will react once she learns that Wrong Clark isn't the one whose voice she is sometimes "hearing"? Won't she resent him, or remember her feelings at the baby's death?

And what about Wrong Clark's timeline? There is no Superman here.... and I'm afraid HG Wells won't leave it that way.
Those are the questions, aren't they? I do have answers planned for all those questions... by the end of my story. evil

Apart from the A-plot, I absolutely enjoy your reinterpretation of the episodes. So, please, accept my gratitude for your great story which puts to shame the 19th century serialized novels!!
Thank you. That's quite a compliment. smile I know it's huge and seems never-ending, but I *do* have an ending planned for Book 2. I promise! Thank you for reading! I apologize for all my delays. I'll nudge my Muse back to Wrong Clark and Lois's plight.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.