Bonjour Virginia,
No FDK for this part, sorry, but all my gratitude for your storytelling talent...

I must confess that, when I first began reading your story and understood the premises, I was dubious you'd manage to hold all the threads together.

Boy, was I wrong!!!! (And very happily so.)

I ADORE your story. It's devilishly clever, and the variations on the theme are wonderful (For instance, I laughed out loud when you deflated the Ariana Carlin plot in 3 pages flat on the "second take"... or was it the third?)

Even if I sort of resented Wrong Clark in the beginning (for taking "our" Clark's place), I've sort of fallen in love with the character, and with this Lois.

The first part of the story (1st rewind timeline, with Clark as a ghostly voice in Lois' mind) was absolutely heart wrenching. It also showed how much CK/Superman was needed...

The present part is even more awesome: I adore your Martha and Jonathan and their relationship with 'Jerome' (his secret helping out at the farm was very moving...), and I really enjoyed your twisted variations on HoL and BatP. You juggled all the balls in the air, and none crashed down. I'm really really really impressed... And your Luthor was creepy while retaining all John Shea's charm.

I hope you'll have time to post the next parts regularly, as I'm really on tenterhooks to know how the story develops... Have you planned it all?

Is the 'curse' ineffective in a broken timeline? (The break preventing its continuation) Or does the fact that this Lois and this Clark aren't from the same timeline, they aren't "true" soulmates, so the curse doesn't work?

I'm also wondering how Lois will react once she learns that Wrong Clark isn't the one whose voice she is sometimes "hearing"? Won't she resent him, or remember her feelings at the baby's death?

And what about Wrong Clark's timeline? There is no Superman here.... and I'm afraid HG Wells won't leave it that way.

Apart from the A-plot, I absolutely enjoy your reinterpretation of the episodes. So, please, accept my gratitude for your great story which puts to shame the 19th century serialized novels!!

A French fan.